PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing!

rhymegirl
12-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Okay, fess up. Who else blew their diet or healthy eating habits in 2005 by eating too much food, too many goodies at every freakin' holiday party they went to in December, including the holiday dinner?

Dawno
12-27-2005, 07:24 AM
I think a breakfast of Egg Nog and brownies is perfectly healthy...isn't it?

mdin
12-27-2005, 07:36 AM
We got one of those giant popcorn tins where it's divided into three parts with cheese, caramel, and some other weird flavor. I've been gorging myself on it all day.

PattiTheWicked
12-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I've gained ten pounds since Halloween.

It's times like this where I really wish I could enjoy vomiting.

SpookyWriter
12-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Patti, I heard exlax works great as a diet aid. Errr...not recommended for people with only one bathroom and ten live-ins.

September skies
12-27-2005, 08:29 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoteCoffee.gifI'm starting my diet tomorrow

DamaNegra
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I've been eating so much I just can't get anything into my mouth. Which is a good think since I've lost so much weight lately that none of my pants fit. I need to feel them up again :)

Oh!! Is that a doughnut?

kristie911
12-27-2005, 09:56 AM
I've been on a diet since Thanksgiving and have lost 13 lbs...as a Christmas present to myself, I ate whatever I wanted for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I started back on my diet today having gained two pounds back over those two days. But I'm still pretty darned happy!

unthoughtknown
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I have an Italian family... and I swear that my two grandmothers have some kinda intuitive-radar installed which goes off when I say I am full but that my stomach can apparently handle more -- according to their radar signals. Crazy.

I did have the best home-made Italian sausages EVER on Sunday though. I even closed my eyes while I was eating them. They were that good...

mkcbunny
12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
This year was pretty good as far as food, sugar, and drink excess were concerned, but by Saturday, I was already saying no to rum balls and other rich holiday desserts. I hit the wall on those early and just had to stop. Someone offered me an Oatmeal Cookie cocktail, and my first thought was, "No more cookies!!!'

blisswriter
12-27-2005, 12:28 PM
My diet has been wacky for a while now so I can't blame it on the holidays.

However, I have gotten closer to being back on track after a horrific weekend-long migraine attack. It ended in the E.R. early Sunday morning with a shot of Imitrex. (Yuck!) I think that was the weekend after Thanksgiving...

I behaved well at Christmas. No macaroni and cheese, just a taste of ham, and a little potato salad. I did have two slices of pumpkin pie though. The aunt who made it is mostly vegan so I thought it was okay to have it. It tasted wonderful. There was a spice I couldn't identify that sent my tastebuds to heaven.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smilehooray.gif

reph
12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
...macaroni and cheese...
Someone else mentioned M and C after Thanksgiving. I'm mystified. Is that a Southern holiday tradition?

mkcbunny
12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Mmmmmmmm. Mac 'n' cheese. YUM!

Someone brought mac 'n' cheese to one of the open houses we attended, and boy was it GOOD!

Jaycinth
12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Why is it that at the very time of the year when we temporarily outgrow our clothing it is too D*** cold to run around nekkid when sober?

rhymegirl
12-28-2005, 12:09 AM
I was doing very well up to Thanksgiving. Then it all went downhill.

And none of the Christmastime overindulging is my fault. Can I help it if my son, my husband, my sister and my niece ALL gave me boxes of chocolates????? No, not my fault. And those gingerbread cookies I made for my kids twice, once for turkey day, once for Christmas--not my fault either. Ya gotta have holiday goodies, right? And as the mom, you simply MUST sample one or two to make sure they came out okay.

JAlpha
12-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Usually, I'm not a big fan of beef--only craving it, maybe four, five times a year.

Well, I'm having one heck of a craving for cow this holiday season...made a six rib prime roast for Christmas dinner, and I've been slicing up the leftovers and adding it to my eggs, putting it on sandwiches, and even made a BEEF salad for lunch today. This is crazy!!!!!!!!! If this craving doesn't quit soon, I'm going to start looking and sounding like a cow

http://photobucket.com/albums/c34/JAlpha/th_AF1Cow2MadHL.gif (http://photobucket.com/albums/c34/JAlpha/?action=view&current=AF1Cow2MadHL.gif)

PattiTheWicked
12-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Patti, I heard exlax works great as a diet aid. Errr...not recommended for people with only one bathroom and ten live-ins.

That sounds only the teensiest bit more appealing than the scarf-and-barf plan, but I think I'll pass.

No pun intended.

Really.

Shadow_Ferret
12-28-2005, 01:53 AM
I neither blew my diet nor my healthy eating habits.

That's because I didn't have either.

kristie911
12-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Yea! I'm wearing my favorite jeans today...I haven't been able to wear them in 2 years! Merry Christmas to me!!

emerald dragonfly
12-28-2005, 05:02 AM
I did great!! :Clap: In fact, I lost 1 pound!!!

emerald dragonfly

WerenCole
12-28-2005, 06:16 AM
People hate me when I say this, but I am still a young man who has trouble gaining weight. . . though now, for the first time in my life I have actually put on a couple pounds (they tell me this is supposed to happen in my mid-twenties, I didn't believe them but the extra padding in my mid area is the proof from the pudding). I have never really had a diet, and as a chef I have never really been one to sit down and eat meals, I let the restaurant goers do that while I nibble in the background. Hanging around the family and their three meals a day, wine, gin and beer, well, lets just say that I finally gained that elusive ten pounds that I have been looking for the last ten years.

I never knew diet coke tasted so good.

-W

Ara
12-28-2005, 06:30 AM

-W

Once you go diet its hard to go back! The other stuff tastes like pure sugar to me now. I like the stuff with other flavors. Diet Cherry coke, Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi!

I gained all my weight in college and can't get rid of it. Although I did lose ~ 30 pounds two years ago and haven't gained it back. But I need to lose more! NOW!

Crossing my fingers for the new year!:Thumbs:

WerenCole
12-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Duly noted Ara. . . I was always one of those kids who shunned the diet way, but the people I live with now buy nothing but, and it has grown on me. It is funny to me that most people do actually gain weight in college (the whole theory of the "freshman 15") because during my college years I tended to be very poor and living on ramen noodles. I am actually going back to college, yes, I am working on that 10 year undergraduate program, and I think this new found weight of my will be gone within the next month. What I do know now though is that I can put the weight on if I want to, and, well, I guess if I don't as well.

shooby de do bah!

-W

Ara
12-28-2005, 06:41 AM
People who lose weight so easily amaze me! I hope your body keeps up with you!

Boo hoo hoo I wish mine had!

Susie
12-28-2005, 07:05 AM
To be perfectly honest, I have the perfect solution for not breaking ones diet - don't start one. I didn't all year. Of course, I can't wear a bikini this summer, but oh, well. The beach is far away from us even though we live in Fla. lol.

Shadow_Ferret
12-28-2005, 08:30 AM

Ew! Artificial sweeteners taste like, well, artificial sweeteners. Leave the most horrible taste in my mouth. Ick.

Besides, I'm not even sure those things are safe.

PeeDee
12-28-2005, 12:04 PM
My healthy diet is to drink enough Mountain Dew to fund the entire company, which means that anything entering my system is pretty much dissolve in the acid in a split second. Bam. Thin.

(Also, forgetting your food and your tea in the microwave because you were busy writing is a good weight-trimmer.)

blisswriter
12-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Someone else mentioned M and C after Thanksgiving. I'm mystified. Is that a Southern holiday tradition?

I'm not sure. We only started having mac and cheese at Thanksgiving when my aunt learned to cook it. That's been 10 years or so.

I'm originally from DC, which is south of the Mason-Dixon line but we do not consider it part of "the south". My (maternal) family roots are in Southern Maryland, which we don't consider part of "the south" either. LOL

Howevva, I do know lots of suthe'n folk in DC who eat mac and cheese for Thanksgiving. (accent on "Thanks" for that real suthe'n PRO-nun-cee-ay-shun)

blisswriter
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
People hate me when I say this, but I am still a young man who has trouble gaining weight. . .
-W

Yes.

We do.

Hate you.