PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of Titans

MrRiddle
04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Check out my review of Wrath of Titans.............

http://justinsamuels-ny.blogspot.com/2012/04/movie-review-wrath-of-titans.html

MttStrn
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Every time I hear the title of this movie I throw up in my mouth a little.

blacbird
04-05-2012, 11:45 AM
The trailers I've seen remind me of the horrid experience I had on a long overseas flight watching (without sound, thank God) the recent remake of Tron, which consisted as near as I could tell of continuous CG flashing lights, enough to provoke a grand mal in people with no prior history of epilepsy. Wrath of the Titans? Fiery monsters smashing things with lots of loud noises, and grimacing sweaty heroes with puny swords to oppose them.

Whoopee.

caw

gothicangel
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM
The first movie made my classical-studies hackles rise, and the thought of this film just pisses me off.

The original [alongside Jason and the Argonaughts] are far superior films.

J.S.F.
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
The movie sucked. When will Hollywood ever learn (rhetorical...never) that using CGI does not a great movie guarantee. Lousy direction, lousy acting...great CGI though,

Every time I watch 'Clash of the Titans' (the 1981 version with Harry Hamlin) I'm reminded of a fun film. No, it wasn't great, but infinitely preferable to the remake. Jason and the Argonauts was also fun, mainly because they actually had a story. Only drawback of that film was the actor who played Hercules looked like a possible admission to the geriatric ward but I digress...

Stick with the older movies. True, the special effects pale beside modern technology but they had charm, wit, and they were fun. Wrath of the Titans should never be screened for a live audience ever again. It would be too cruel.