• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta for Supernatural story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Asquith Austin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm writing a story where a teenage boy whose looking for a date to the Prom visits The Little Shop that Wasn't There Yesterday and gets sold a magical item that turns *him* into the date, i.e. a girl.

Anyone willing to help me?

Traci-jo

Registered
Reaction score
If I might make a suggestion:

I don't think you'll get many interested parties based on your post and your stats. You're new to the community (I'm pretty new, as well), so try posting in other forums, such as "Share Your Work", where you can help other writers better their intros.

Once you reach 50 posts, you'll be able to put up your own work in SYW. That teaser will help willing betas find you, based on the fact that they like your premise and your style. As of now, the only thing people can use to "meet" you is about two sentences. I personally won't beta for anyone I don't "know" and who doesn't have a premise that really intrigues me.

Also, try reading this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212171
The author of it always warns newbies that what it contains will likely offend you at first, but it's good information.

I wish you the best of luck!

Traci

Status
Not open for further replies.