Canceled shows you wish continued as books?

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes a show gets canceled and they don't wrap it up or give a satisfying conclusion. Are there any shows you wish you could grab a book or two of to get the whole story and some closure?

For me Tower Prep and The 4400 and FlashForward maybe The Event

They made a comic for the conclusion of Jericho but it wasn't nearly as good a the show and that made me sad, but it finished the story all the same.

(sorry if this thread has been done before.)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Carnivale
SG: Universe
Firefly

I'd take continuations in any form.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Firefly (which did get some graphic novels)

Drive

Invasion (I know it was semi-based on the book, but the storyline shifted after a while, and I'd like a book with the series' plot line.)

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
Dollhouse
Heroes

They could easily do a Heroes book series, although I don't want them to go back to that ridiculous carnival storyline again. As for Dollhouse, I'd be the first in line to pick up my copy. It'd be even better if Joss Whedon wrote the books, or at least pulled a Guillermo Del Toro and co-wrote them.

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dollhouse
Heroes

They could easily do a Heroes book series, although I don't want them to go back to that ridiculous carnival storyline again. As for Dollhouse, I'd be the first in line to pick up my copy. It'd be even better if Joss Whedon wrote the books, or at least pulled a Guillermo Del Toro and co-wrote them.

Dollhouse has an on going graphic novel. I just read volume 1. It's good. It's a bit sappy for my tastes but good.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another vote here for Carnivale.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Quantum Leap. I know there were tie-in books, but I didn't think much of them. Would have been great if a sci-fi writer had been commissioned.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Carnivale. I watched it last year and was gutted when I realized there were no more episodes.

I'm still traumatized. Though I did read an interview with the creator.... (highlight to see spoiler). He basically said that >>>> Jonesy did not die.... <<<

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Firefly and Farscape! I've got to check out carnivale now! :D

Here's your opening monologue. First 30 seconds of the show:

"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Very dark. Set in the 1930s. Very meticulous character-building. Season 1 is a slow burn. Builds and builds and the season finale makes you go, "holy BLEEP!"

Then season to takes off RUNNING.

Anything with Clancy Brown is worth checking out, imho. If you do watch it, start a thread here, or resurrect the old one. I'd definitely be on board for rehashing some old theories and fan-girl moments. :)

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Firefly. It's just got soo much of what I love.

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
Dollhouse has an on going graphic novel. I just read volume 1. It's good. It's a bit sappy for my tastes but good.

Oh, really? Apparently, I haven't been paying attention, because I had no idea. All right, thanks, I guess I'll go searching for that.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Chalk me up as another for Firefly.