• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta Read for YA manuscript (will swap!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterGal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a beta reader for my 42,000 YA novel. It is a character driven contemporary story and I am mostly looking for some general feedback. Here is a draft of a query I have been working on:

Natalie Miller suffers from crippling anxiety and depression. When she is thrust into a new life after her father is moved to an army base in Texas, she spends the summer in self- imposed isolation. But once school begins, Natalie struggles to maintain her sanity in the halls of the highly social, cliquish world of high school. She is losing that fight until Tracy, whose father was also moved to the Texas base, invites her to a teen party. There, Natalie finally finds the answer to feeling like a normal teenage girl in drugs and alcohol. But there is a price and as the layers of Natalie’s life begin to fall away, Natalie is faced with a decision. Will she stay forever in between life and death or will she make a choice?

Thanks!

~Erin

weenie

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to give this a read. I even live in Texas so I may be a special expert (hah, not really). Anyways, let me know.

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there,
I'd love to be one of your betas! It sounds like a really interesting story, and being a young adult myself (as well as one who's suffered from depression) I think I might actually provide a helpful perspective.

I haven't got a completed MS of my own, but I do have some initial chapters written of a longer YA sci-fi/dystopia piece. PM me if you'd like to do a swap!

WriterGal

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you weenie and casualrungal! I had a couple of people PM me and I already set up a swap. Maybe when we are finished, I'll PM you and see if you are still interested. Thanks again!

~Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.