I went to a new salon and my hair came out purple!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks ridiculous now. I won't be posting any pics of myself for quite a while.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
too bad I like your pics

[FONT=&quot]I went to a new salon and my hair came out...pink![/FONT]

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
It looks ridiculous now. I won't be posting any pics of myself for quite a while.

Awww! I feel for ya! For a woman there is nothing worse than messed up hair.

I made the awful mistake of trying to dye my own a few years back. I wanted a 'little' blond. I looked like the spawn of Rick Flair from the WWF.

<-------points to avatar

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
too bad I like your pics

[FONT=&quot]I went to a new salon and my hair came out...pink![/FONT]

Pink doesn't seem so bad. The singer Pink comes to mind.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

So true.

I made the awful mistake of trying to dye my own a few years back. I wanted a 'little' blond. I looked like the spawn of Rick Flair from the WWF.

<-------points to avatar

Hmm. I am probably going to have to dye my hair back to the right color.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score

<-------points to avatar

<-------I agree. What color hair is your natural one?

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I tried to go auburn once. The dye took in the front, but the back of my hair stayed blonde (my natural color.) I had to use dish detergent to strip the color out and then my hair felt like straw for the longest time.

Now I go to a professional. I love being a brunette. :D

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
I tried to go auburn once. The dye took in the front, but the back of my hair stayed blonde (my natural color.) I had to use dish detergent to strip the color out and then my hair felt like straw for the longest time.

Now I go to a professional. I love being a brunette. :D

:roll: God bless you

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
<-------I agree. What color hair is your natural one?

Haha! Im a redhead, which is one of the biggest reasons to never, ever attempt to go blond outside of going to a professional to do it.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
That's was a big mistake. Redheads are hard to dye

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Once, many years ago, I ended up with purple. It was my own fault, but that's another story.

Go to the store. L'Oreal used to make a product called 'hair color remover'. Just follow the instructions and you will be back to the color you had before.

MM

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I would love purple hair. Mine is too dark to dye.

That said, I would not love a case of surprise purple hair. Intention is important.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Fifteen years ago I would have loved to have purple hair. Now, not so much. Found a grey the other day. It gave me a sad. :(

Seriously? You are sad over 'one' grey hair. DOH!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Is it that purple that comes from wanting to be a deep auburn? It's all the rage in Russia and Eastern Europe! Just tell them you are Hungarian :D

I was a blond all through high school because of an accident with a 'natural-looking' highlighting kit just before I started. My hair was strawberry-blonde as a kid and it had darkened, but I had no idea how strange the red in it does when you try to go blonde.

So I just picked the most platinum blonde available to remedy that, and was happy I like Berlin (the band) and Blondie. Dying it darker had still had too much red in it, and I was determined not to be red.

I've been red since college now, lol. Why fight it? Well, red and silver naturally, now. I have the Anderson Cooper gene in my family, too. First silver hairs at 21! Our redheads go fully silver by the time they are 35! I dye that red because I only have big stripes like the lady on The Munsters. That's a look, let me tell you ;)

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I started getting silvery. That's when I decided to finally change the color. My feeling was that if I have to color it, why not try something new?

My new color is a very dark black cherry kind of color and I LOVE it. I don't care how much people pay to be blonde, I won't ever willingly go back to being one. :D

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I had my hair bleached really blonde one time when I was eighteen. Went to have the roots done and the chick who tried to do them burned my scalp, so when the roots began to show again I dyed my hair auburn and let the natural color come back. I've had highlights for a time, but now I just keep my natural dark, reddish blonde whatever you call it color. Plus one grey.