The Dark Knight, pulled over by Police. (For Celia!)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I'm Batman!!

Ok, I had to say that. So Batman got pulled over because he didn't have his tags on. But the cops didn't give him a ticket and didn't make him unmask either. I heard about this story and went looking for a link. I went through many before I found the one I chose because it becomes more than just a funny story about a man dressed up as a giant, flying rodent.

Batman is a businessman from Baltimore County who visits sick children in hospitals, handing out Batman paraphernalia to up-and-coming superheros who first need to beat cancer and other wretched diseases.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/01416/ALERT_--_BATMAN-_H_1416246k.jpg

Read the whole story. It's worth it. And we could all use a little story to remind us there are some hero's left in the world.

Last edited:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Well, her avatar looks to be Harley Quinn, so...

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Haha

"You can send me Robin if you wish..."

Gotta hand it to the cops on this one, they had a good sense of humor about it.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
(Cringes) Bats are not rodents...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This story wins the internet for the week.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Lenny rocks!

The dude does a service of his own free will and I am totally down with that. Seems like a nice guy with a great sense of humor and a really, really cool car.

Kudos to the cops who didn't ticket him. Reading the link made my day.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
This is just awesome. I love what he's doing, and I wish there were more people in the world like that.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
The guy is kind of a local hero at the hospitals and other kids events. He is having his own bat mobile made and the cost, $250,000. His son will sometimes accompany him as Robin...

He says he loses about 5 pounds a day in water weight from wearing the costume. Its hot, but the guy is a real life hero and does not go looking for the publicity...

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Some days it's hard to remember that there are good people.This is a great reminder.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
"Batman told officers his real name was not Bruce Wayne but Lenny B. Robinson"
Isn't not revealing your secret identity the first thing they teach you in superhero school?

---

Well, they did allow him to keep his mask on.:D

Always wondered about the 'secret identity' thing. John Stewart (one of the Green Lanterns) never wore a mask but Hal Jordan did. Wonder Woman doesn't keep her identity a secret yet Batman and Superman do. I guess privacy is a bigger issue with them....

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Superman was an undocumented alien, so I guess he would want to keep his identity a secret from the authorities.

And Batman was rich. I'm sure Bruce Wayne got bombarded with begging letters and frivolous lawsuits anyway. Can you imagine if it got out he was also the Caped Crusader?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
The secret identity thing is kind of passe. They don't really have them unless there is a reason for it. Bruce Wayne has one because he is a local celebrity in Gotham City. Superman has one because he wants to pretend he's human. If he were to fully embrace what he is, he would be a god. But he loves humanity, and he wants to belong. But most of them don't do the secret identity thing anymore.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, didn't the Hulk and Iron Man keep their identities a secret, or does that count as the old days? I think even the transformers sort of keep their identity a secret, unless you know what to look for...

Trying to think of what super hero does not keep their identity a secret and coming up with a blank...

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, didn't the Hulk and Iron Man keep their identities a secret, or does that count as the old days? I think even the transformers sort of keep their identity a secret, unless you know what to look for...

Trying to think of what super hero does not keep their identity a secret and coming up with a blank...

Most of the Teen Titans. And several of the X-Men.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
The Fantastic Four have no secret identities.

John Stewart (one of the Green Lanterns) never wore a mask but Hal Jordan did.

In the beginnings he refused to wear a mask.

Then again, recently I think he divided patrol duty with Jordan, and Stewart sticks mostly to Outer Space. Maybe there was no need for a mask in such duties, since most aliens would feel all humans look alike anyway.