• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Can someone help beta read my sci-fi/fantasy prologue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivonia

Zodiac Fleet Commander
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the midsts of revamping my novel, and am looking for someone to help me beta read parts of it to help me fix major errors. It's 34 pages in Word (with 12 pt. Courier New, 1 inch margins, just under 7,000 words). I suppose it might be a little long, but this is important because it establishes the primary bad guys, and how they come to power in the rest of the book (which takes place 50 years after this incident, hence why it's not simply Chapter 1. I like to think of it as "chapter 0" if anything).

The prologue covers some explorers who attempt to find an ancient temple that's been lost and forgotten about in the jungles for thousands of years, and what they find in there will forever change history (yeah, kind of cliche', but I don't want to give away more right here. You'll have to help me read it if you want to know more hehe). Btw, this guy won't appear again until Chapter 3, but after reading the prologue, you can kind of guess what happened in all that time between those chapters.

Finally, I'm doing this as a prologue, because I've thought about it a lot, and it just doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the story as well (again, because it occurs 50 years before the main story, and covers the bad guy's POV exclusively. The main hero isn't even born yet at this time hehe). This means I have to backtrack and explain some stuff in Chapters 1 and 2 for those lazy peeps who decide to skip the prologue (although I would have to also explain it for those that did bother to read it, cause I'm sure they're interested in what's become on that guy since all that time passed).

Anyway, before I mumble too long, let me know if you're willing to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.