Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I THINK I JUST LANDED AN AGENT!!! NOT FIVE MINUTES AGO. I didn't get to the phone in time and his message was cut off in mid sentence. But he explained what he would like to see changed in the first chapter and also a scene midway through the book. So I know he read the full 415 page hard copy manuscript within nine days of submission. He said that he wants to talk with me further on it and boom--the message cut off. So I emailed him.

Sounds like a yes and a rewrite to me and I'm willing to take that plunge and fine-tune as he suggests.

Apparently the first chapter is a character glut with a lot of grab-azzing in a spaceport bar without getting the story off to a leap from the gate. So I think he's saying start off with a bang and get them damn people in space fast!

Secondly, since my captain loves his ship so much and his girlfriend works in the hydroponics lab, he should have visited that lab and known the components and operations of it for the past two years. Doh! I have him going in there like he's never seen the place before. Not logical.

In any event, I'm rather stoked, and will keep my fellows advised of this situation and see if can't walk some of you through the steps.

Triceratops

maggie2

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!
emoteClap.gif

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!
1.gif

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Tri! Best of luck to you!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't picture an agent giving a rejection via phone, along with suggested revisions. So I think YOU JUST MIGHT HAVE AN AGENT!!!

Congrats, Tri! Couldn't happen to a better guy. And yeah, keep a diary of the process, folks here still waiting to go through this stage (insert green bookworm here) would love to eavesdrop on your experiences.

emoteClap.gif
emoteThumbs.gif

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Thanks to all. You gave me the Merry Christmas cozies.

Yeah, Chunky. I've never heard of an agent calling on the phone to reject. It's just too risky and leaves them open for an earfull from a disgruntled writer. I think that the last part of the message might have been asking for my agreement to these terms, and for me to agree that I'll stay with him and not contact any other agents until we settle on a rewrite. That's the ony thing I can think of that's happening. That way he's not wasting his time sending me pages. Agents have to protect themselves somehow.

Now, I'm gonna think lucky thoughts for the rest of you.

Tri

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, it's confirmed. He just emailed me to tell me he liked it alot so he's getting behind it. Now comes some minor revision and the correction of over 200 gramatical errors! I knew damn well I was afraid of this guy--he's got a PHD in literature. However, he said the changes would be minor, so yipeee!

Doh!

Tri

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
WOO-HOO! Way to go, Tri!:PartySmil

:TheWave: :Cheers: :banana: :banana:

Let us in on the details once you know! (I know how you are about backgrounds, so I'm sure you've already checked him out -- so CONGRATS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.