PDA

View Full Version : Wanted:Beta reader 1000 words essay

Charles_D
03-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Genre: Fiction
Action/horror?
Credentials: Anyone
I would like a beta reader as soon as possible please, because I'm stupid enough to leave the need for a beta to the last day :D
I'll pm you a link to the file
I think that people got me wrong
I just need a punctuation fix.

eternalised
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Hey Charles,

I don't want to sound rude, but your first post on this forum is to ask for a beta...and for an essay?

I understand that you may have trouble with the essay, but try a spellcheck program like in MS Word. We aren't here to help improve your grades in the nick of time - your grades are your responsibility.

I hope you find someone to help you out, but I just wanted to point out that, in my opinion, this isn't what this forum is for. You would do good to interact with the members here and post some comments before you ask for someone to beta your work.

Also, it's "necessary" instead of "nessicary."

quicklime
03-27-2012, 04:15 PM
charles, agreed--a beta generally means you agree to work on each other's projects in order to help develop as a writer, not a way to collect a free proofreader for class assignments.....the above completely side-stepping the notion you're trying to "get the geeky kids to do your homework for you."

If you're here to learn to write, stick around--you'll learn a ton. But not like this.

Ketzel
03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Actually, I hope Charles doesn't get help from this community. I don't think it's appropriate for a student to wait for the last minute to complete an assignment and then ask us to provide a volunteer to rapidly do the work he should be doing for himself. Especially when that student is a stranger here. And with his (original) 11 hour deadline, what did he propose to do if he did get comments and they indicated the piece needs a substantial amount of work to revise? I'd guess one of two things: make the easier typographical corrections and ignore the rest, or ask for a lot more help in a hurry.

And what exactly is a fiction action horror genre essay?

Billtrumpet25
03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Actually, I hope Charles doesn't get help from this community. I don't think it's appropriate for a student to wait for the last minute to complete an assignment and then ask us to provide a volunteer to rapidly do the work he should be doing for himself. Especially when that student is a stranger here. And with his (original) 11 hour deadline, what did he propose to do if he did get comments and they indicated the piece needs a substantial amount of work to revise? I'm guess one of two things: make the easier typographical corrections and ignore the rest, or ask for a lot more help in a hurry.

And what exactly is a fiction action horror genre essay?

Completely and utterly agree.

Lhipenwhe
03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Completely and utterly agree.

And asking for someone's Facebook/ID device... thingy in a first post seems to be bad form as well.