Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't last weekend, but I am now.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Hello Funners and Morse fans! It's Tuesday morning where I am, very cloudy and dark with a nice breeze.

Syd, hope work turned out well despite the not-so-good start.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
:hi: Duchess! Hello, hello!!! :hi:

Good to see you :snoopy:

It's nice to be back where everything works and everything is clean (including government agencies, meaning, corruption-free). I do miss Bali, though - village life, the B&B, the people, the produce...the whole spirit of the place over-rated though it is.

Still having some adjustment problems after being away for two years. It does help to have my twins back for Easter break and the husband on a schedule that has him home a lot and fabulous friends so I think I'm going to be just fine. By the end of this month. Or year. Decade, maybe. No, seriously, I'm starting to feel much better.

Love being back on AW!!!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
And we love having you, Rosie! Remember, sometimes the road is not "the end" it's a "bend". I have to remember that one constantly. And I mean constantly!!! :D

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
And we love having you, Rosie! Remember, sometimes the road is not "the end" it's a "bend". I have to remember that one constantly. And I mean constantly!!! :D

Thank you Duchess, and very wise words indeed. I shall, I must, remember them. Constantly! Thank you, Duchess :Hug2:

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Duchess! Hello, hello!!! :hi:

Good to see you :snoopy:

It's nice to be back where everything works and everything is clean (including government agencies, meaning, corruption-free). I do miss Bali, though - village life, the B&B, the people, the produce...the whole spirit of the place over-rated though it is.

Still having some adjustment problems after being away for two years. It does help to have my twins back for Easter break and the husband on a schedule that has him home a lot and fabulous friends so I think I'm going to be just fine. By the end of this month. Or year. Decade, maybe. No, seriously, I'm starting to feel much better.

Love being back on AW!!!

And we love having you back on. :Hug2: Yay for the twins being home and hubby around a lot. Hope you get settled in and happy there. At least you have some good memories and it doesn't mean that you'll never live in Bali again, you never know.

Good to have you back though. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys think that a thousand is a fair price on a car that runs? Paint is good and so is the interior. Might need new tires and an oil change. But nothing big.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Thank you n-f! So good of you to say all those nice things :Hug2:

Here in Singapore, $1,000 for a car that runs is like paying for a car with loose change, as in a few nickels and dimes. We have a system called the Certifcate of Entitlement (COE) which requires a buyer to first bid for a certificate (usually the car retailer does this on the buyer's behalf). Once you are successful with this bid, you go and buy your car. Right now, the COE is about US$65,000 so the cheapest cars are probably the China brands like Geely and Chery which probably cost ate least US$85,000 for the cheapest model.

Got to love America :yessmiley where even the humblest car could be viewed as a right, versus Singapore where it is not a luxury, maybe a privilege but not a right either. :e2bummed:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well a guy came and looked at mine and offered me $700, he said that that was probably all it was worth on the blue book value. :Shrug: I haven't looked that up yet, but a little over a yr ago I paid over $2500 for it, so I think a $1000 is reasonable. I told him no.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
If you paid $2,500 for it, then surely it would not have depreciated by $1,500 over a year?? Why not try asking for $1,500 and be open to slight negotiations, maybe down to $1,300?

I know cars can be expensive in the US but based purely on mathematics and sheer fairness, surely you could ask for a bit more that $1,000?

I think you should just forget what the guy said about $700. People will say anything if they get the faintest whiff of distress or desperation. Good on you for refusing such an insulting offer.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well a guy came and looked at mine and offered me $700, he said that that was probably all it was worth on the blue book value. :Shrug: I haven't looked that up yet, but a little over a yr ago I paid over $2500 for it, so I think a $1000 is reasonable. I told him no.

Just remember to use either the Blue Book or Edmunds as a general guide.

Dealers actually use the Black Book if they use anything at all.

Purple Rose

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net

This sounds so clever and so logical but how can anyone take this seriously when it comes from an avatar like this??? It's just to funny :ROFL:

But seriously, it does sound like good advice, whatever the blue or black or rainbow book is.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
If you paid $2,500 for it, then surely it would not have depreciated by $1,500 over a year?? Why not try asking for $1,500 and be open to slight negotiations, maybe down to $1,300?

I know cars can be expensive in the US but based purely on mathematics and sheer fairness, surely you could ask for a bit more that $1,000?

I think you should just forget what the guy said about $700. People will say anything if they get the faintest whiff of distress or desperation. Good on you for refusing such an insulting offer.

I'm not sure if $1500 would be too much, most people go car buying crazy around tax return time. I guess I could and then lower it, if someone seemed interested. I have to sell it really quick, though. :Shrug:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

I'll look it up, I'm sure I can find something on the net about it. Don't know about the Black Book, thought that's what guys kept girl's phone numbers in...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Black Book is generally only available to dealers, I believe. It's updated weekly.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm not trying to be a dealer- it's just one car and the buyer would be someone just looking for something affordable so I probably don't have to worry about that. ;)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
'ey, all. Hope things are goin' super for y'all 'n hope you get a nice car, nighty! :Hug2:s 'n :Cake:s to everybody! :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hi avatar thief. :D Not getting a car Susie, selling one. I gotta sell it to pay the stupid mortgage. ;)

I bet you got a lot of cakes for all those avies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.