PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Beta reader for 50,000 word WIP (don't know what genre)--will swap

starrykitten
03-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi all--

I have a WIP that I can't seem to come up with a good ending for, and i thought getting a good beta reader would help me figure that out. (I don't mean that I expect my beta to do my work, of course, just maybe tease out some threads that I could explore more in the ending.) It's at around 50,000 words now, maybe slightly less. If you're sensitive to child abuse as a topic, then you probably shouldn't read this. It's kind of a dark fantasy but also has a lot of mainstream elements. There's also a lot of stuff in there from the Bible (It's not Christian fiction, btw), so if you know your Bible, that would help.

Finally, I'm primarily a poet and short fiction writer, so while I would appreciate honesty, some gentleness would be appreciated.

I would be happy to read anything for you.

Thanks!

casualrungal
04-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey Starry,
I'd be happy to beta for you! I'm no Bible expert, but I've got a working knowledge ;)

Just PM me if you'd like me to take a look!

starrykitten
04-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks! Just PM'd you.

Anybody else willing? And don't worry if your MS is much longer than mine.

WackAMole
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Hey Starry,

I dont have a finished MS to swap with you atm but i would be happy to read through what you have and give some feedback.

Im not a grammar pro, and I still suffer from the usual problems newer writers have but I know a good story and can identify the more obvious problems in writing. I may not have much time to give you a line by line breakdown of things I see because im currently all wrapped up in finishing my last term of Swedish as a Second Language and I have some big swedish writing projects I have to do for that. I am however, more than happy to read it if you want. Just shoot me a PM if you are interested, otherwise good luck to you! :D