PDA

View Full Version : On The Road (2012)

cmi0616
03-24-2012, 03:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDIcTQpLyQ

Well, for better or for worse, they've done it. They've taken one of my favorite books of all time and made it into a major motion picture, coming to a theater near you May 23rd.

Not sure how I feel about this, especially since Leo DiCaprio is playing Jack Kerouac, which in my mind is a potential mis-cast. There is just something off about it.

Either way, I'm interested to see how it comes out. What is the opinion here on AW?

eyeblink
03-24-2012, 03:32 AM
They've been trying to make this for years. Francis Coppola (who is still on board as a producer) was going to shoot it in black and white 16mm about twenty years ago.

Has anyone seen Heart Beat, the 1979 film about Kerouac, Neal and Carolyn Cassidy (starring Nick Nolte, John Heard and Sissy Spacek)?

KellyAssauer
03-24-2012, 04:05 AM
I thought about it, thought about the way the theatre smells, the mix of popcorn and and what they pass off for butter, and how that wafts across the lobby with it's bright colored man-sized posters of what's playing right now, this minute, and the coming attractions that I won't be here for, standing, taking it all in with faint smell of industrial cleaner, over stuffed vacuum, watered down bleach, and urinal cakes, except when those swinging outside doors open and in weaves a hint of cigarette smoke and street life at dusk hitting my already over loaded olfactory, and all I want then is to save this, save it like it will never move, save it like it's the last picture show, the very last theatre on earth and it's going to be that film, the one I know by heart with...

Yeah.

You betcha.

Good or bad I might have to* see it...

*Right after Cosmopolis... =)