PDA

View Full Version : The Bloody Apprentice Thread 2012/2014

crunchyblanket
03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Come oooon, you know you want to talk about how insufferably smug and gittish this year's contestants are.

first thought: how on earth did the boy's team win? They were a bunch of numpties selling utter tat.

seun
03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
15 for a sodding bear? Bastards. And if that was the big bear, how small was the small one? :D

Not suprised Bilyana (spelling?) got fired. He was aiming for the blonde girl, but Bilyana wouldn't shut up. "I was head girl..." :ROFL:

aruna
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Found it!
Watched the final on YouTube this am -- can't get BBC here in Germany, not even iplayer.
ANyway, just wanted to say I'm getting rather good at predicting the winner! (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7325741&postcount=99) The last three series I've been right.

crunchyblanket
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Pffft, well that was the most boring series of the Apprentice ever.

mirandashell
06-04-2012, 11:53 PM
It wasn't great, was it? I still wasn't sure who the front runner was right up to the final. Usually you get a good idea 3 or 4 weeks before.

retromovie
06-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Was perplexed to hear D Cameron saying that he seldom agreed with anything 'Siralun' (is that still the in phrase?) says. Would have thought they were peas in a pod.

mirandashell
06-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Good lord no. Sralan is a working class Jewish boy made good. Cameron is a toff. Nothing in common at all.

aruna
12-14-2014, 06:56 PM
OK anyone been watching?
I'm sad to say I'm an addict.
Watch it on YouTube every Thursday in Germany. Aaaargh!

Who will win this year?
I think one of the girls.

mirandashell
12-14-2014, 07:31 PM
I've been watching. I reckon Roisin is in with a good chance if she has a good business plan.

aruna
12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Yes -- it's really all down to the business plan now.

Ramshackle
12-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Agreed. I'm also thinking Roisin will come in with the win (if her plan is good). Been deeply disappointed this series... I think Katie and Roisin have been the only serious competitors in my mind.

mirandashell
12-14-2014, 09:29 PM
yeah... it's not been very entertaining this year. Most of them were very unlikeable. Especially amongst the men for some reason. Felipe was nice but the rest .....

Ramshackle
12-14-2014, 09:33 PM
yeah... it's not been very entertaining this year. Most of them were very unlikeable. Especially amongst the men for some reason. Felipe was nice but the rest .....

Yes I loved Felipe, but it was clear he was unlikely to get far. I developed a strange compulsion to yell "F*** off" every time James came on screen. Daniel... his board game questions were interesting.

There have been some amusing moments this series, but overall I haven't felt as glued as usual. I love the 'there for ratings' sort of candidates, but I feel a bit cheated that there don't seem to be as many serious players.

mirandashell
12-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Ugh James. He was just a bully and a thug. And the way he used to talk to the women was a disgrace.

Once!
12-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm getting more and more fed up with how the show is rigged to create conflict and make them look stupid.

They are not allowed to use the internet or make phone calls to check the right pricing levels for their products or services. That inevitably means that they will either set a price that is too high or too low.

In most of the tasks they are forced to split into two sub teams who can only talk to each other on the phone. So they can't email each other their marketing designs or television adverts. This means that the two sub teams can criticise each other later if the designs or adverts are rubbish.

Then we have the highly selective editing to make them look worse. Past contestants have complained about how one sided the editing is.

To get on the show the contestants have to write over the top CVs which are then torn shreds in the interviews for being over the top.

It has turned into car crash television. We have to watch it, but we are forever shouting at the screen at how manipulative and fake the program is.

Roisin to win, for me.