In Search of Post-Apocalyptic Artwork

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm hoping someone can help me find a piece of art that I lost. A friend gave me this painting that I used as desktop wallpaper, but I lost it in a computer crash years ago. I don't know the artist's name, so I haven't been able to find it again.

The image is of a lush meadow and river, with a sparkling city in the background--but then the paint peels away to reveal an underpainting where the river is dried up, the ground is barren, and the city is destroyed. There are curls of flaked paint scattered over the painting, as if it really was two paintings layered over each other and one was burned away. The juxtaposition of the two realities always struck me, as did the color schemes that contrast with each other. As I recall, the barren, dead city was done with oranges and purples, very striking, yet ghastly, while the river and living city was done with blues and greens and soft, cool colors.

I would really love to see this artwork again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Can you help me find it?

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Google search the term, but instead of a general search, do one for pictures. The pictures that you pick out will generally lead you to web sites.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I tried that and got this:

8888.gif

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried Googling, both websites and images. Couldn't find it. :(