Status
Not open for further replies.

OJ Connell

Lost and Profound
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ojconnell.blogspot.com
I'm looking to release a few self-published books in the months to come through the Kindle store, and was wondering about the front matter; copyright stuff, etc. I've never written such a thing before. Is there any guide to writing such things?

Also, what exactly needs to go into the front matter section? I just want to make sure I'm covering all of my bases.

Thanks!

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
The best bet is to look at several books that are already published. That's what I did. If you plan on using Smashwords, as well, their style guide has a good list.

In mine, I have copyright info, any disclaimers (this is fiction, etc.), dedication page, title page, and linkable table of contents. I also have author bio with a link to my webpage in there as well.

HTH and good luck!
CJ

Last edited:

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Look at books in the same genre to see what they say. You can also Google for samples and then create your own based on that.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Also, you might like to put your front-matter at the end of your e-book so that when potential readers download a trial sample of the book, they get to read your prose and not a chunk of legal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.