PDA

View Full Version : Beta Please. SciFi. 80k. Time Travel.

MaxWriter
03-12-2012, 06:11 AM
I am looking for a Beta Reader. My book is 80k words, scifi, with a bit of science (but not too heavy) written to make the scientist's journey through time sound plausible and convincing. I have also worked hard to make my characters individual and believable. I want my Beta reader to tell me what works and what doesn't.

This is my first novel, but I have grown a lot through this whole process and made lots of edits and revisions. I think there should be very few grammar issues, leaving you to focus on flow, style, plot, and characters.

I would ideally like to add another 5k words, but I feel like I have told my story so not sure what I can add. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I will Beta in return. I have Beta read several books and enjoy doing so. I will be fair and honest, harsh if necessary. I prefer not to stray too far from scifi/action/mystery sort of stuff. And preferably something complete, or close to. YA or adult is fine.

jasonaaronfox
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I am looking for a Beta Reader. My book is 80k words, scifi, with a bit of science (but not too heavy) written to make the scientist's journey through time sound plausible and convincing. I have also worked hard to make my characters individual and believable. I want my Beta reader to tell me what works and what doesn't.

This is my first novel, but I have grown a lot through this whole process and made lots of edits and revisions. I think there should be very few grammar issues, leaving you to focus on flow, style, plot, and characters.

I would ideally like to add another 5k words, but I feel like I have told my story so not sure what I can add. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I will Beta in return. I have Beta read several books and enjoy doing so. I will be fair and honest, harsh if necessary. I prefer not to stray too far from scifi/action/mystery sort of stuff. And preferably something complete, or close to. YA or adult is fine.

I'll gladly exchange beta. I also have a scifi/action I need beta read. Mine is 60k and i'm looking to add another 10-20k in there somewhere.

MaxWriter
03-14-2012, 05:14 AM
Jason, I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.

And I am still open to anyone else who may be interested.

Yukinara
03-14-2012, 05:40 AM
I'll gladly exchange beta. I also have a scifi/action I need beta read. Mine is 60k and i'm looking to add another 10-20k in there somewhere.

uhm, is your story finished? If everything is good, you don't need to add another 10k just to make your book longer.

warofthesparks
03-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm willing to beta or swap or whatever, if you like.