Ramsey Campbell - still writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Go to his web site and it will tell you his latest projects. I'm not sure, but I've always liked his writing. Seems the horror writers I grew up reading are all starting to get old and die. Maybe I'll have a shot at selling my manuscript if a couple more drop off...bad jonny!

Mark Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Flapdoodle,

Yep, he's still kicking around. His latest book is The Overnight, which was published just recently. He got the idea from working at a Borders in England (so it's suprising Borders doesn't have it :)). Apparently being a multiple Stoker and British Fantasy Award winner doesn't neccesarily translate into wealth.

Flapdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Mark Anderson said:
Hi Flapdoodle,

Yep, he's still kicking around. His latest book is The Overnight, which was published just recently. He got the idea from working at a Borders in England (so it's suprising Borders doesn't have it :)). Apparently being a multiple Stoker and British Fantasy Award winner doesn't neccesarily translate into wealth.

I think my local bookshops (Borders, Ottakar's and Waterstones) have got staff who only believe that the alphabet contains H (For Herbert; Hutson), K (King; Koontz) and L (Laymon). Borders is slightly better. I think I've bitched about this before somewhere.

From looking at amazon, it seems that Campbell's only published in the US now.

Campbell _worked_ at Borders?

Mark Anderson

Registered
Reaction score
Flapdoodle said:
Campbell _worked_ at Borders?

Yep. He worked at the one in Cheshire Oaks for several months to support his family, and it's where he got the idea for The Overnight. While a great writer, his work has never translated into personal wealth.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
"The Overnight" started well enough, but the ending was unfulfilling. Too much fog, not enough horror. Left me wondering what happened. I always thought the Brits were a tad more terrifying in their horror, but this one ehhhhhhhhhh. Maybe I'm just old and nothing scares me any more.

( Except my teenagers driving.)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just old and nothing scares me any more.
Eh? I'd give you a personal introduction to my ex-wife if you want true horror...

chicken.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.