PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader Wanted

Garriga
03-08-2012, 03:27 AM
C'mon help Garriga out ;)

Maryn
03-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Hello, Garriga, and a pleasure to meet you.

While I truly hope you get a volunteer who's happy to do you this large favor, I'm going to refer you to a post which will at first piss you off, then sink in, and ultimately may turn your beta search into something which is terrific and more rewarding than you'd dared hope.

Please bear in mind that when I wrote this, I was particularly frustrated with requests--sometimes even personal requests sent to me individually--for beta reads from people I didn't know.

Kind of like you. I bet you're a great person, but at this point, you're a stranger here with her hand out one day after joining us.

So without further ado: Why I Won't Beta Read Your Novel (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212171).

And a small tip: When it's time to seek a beta because people here know you and are happy to help you, give us a clue on what you want beta read. I'd be worthless if it's a romance or western, for instance.

Maryn, genuinely pleased to welcome you here

SaronaNalia
03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Garriga,
You really should post the genre and word count. A synopsis would be nice too. Otherwise, how can anyone know if your novel is something they're interested in reading?