TFS up on Goodreads!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I know it might seem odd that I find this SO exciting. After all, this isn't my first time at the rodeo, but this is the first time I've published a book in the era of Goodreads. I mean, my other books are up there, but they were added after the fact.

In this case I guess it symbolises to me that OMG I have a book coming out. It's been a while since I've had this feeling. And there was a very long stretch in there where I thought this might never happen for me again. So this is a big deal for me.

Plus it gets stressful producing a book, working on edits, seeing cover proofs. You'd think it would be super cool, but you feel the pressure, you get scared, you get wrapped up in "Is this any good?" "Will anyone read this?" that you can forget to celebrate the awesome.

So I thought I'd celebrate the awesome. Here is the Goodreads page for THE FRIDAY SOCIETY. You'll note I don't even have a cover yet (and trust me, when I do you'll for sure be hearing about it :) ). It's just my book title, my name, and a description.

And I'm thrilled :) .

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for the awesome! It's officially added to my to-be-read list.

May you sell a million-plus copies. :)

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks so much guys! In the grand scheme of things it's such a small . . . thing . . . but it's symbolic I guess to me. It's the fact that after a really rough patch, and thinking no one would ever publish me again, it's actually happening. I didn't think it would affect me quite this much, but it has. So I really truly appreciate your support.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't think it's a small thing. It's cool. Goodreads is a bit of a minefield, but a massive online bookclub is awesome.

And so are you.

I can't wait to tell my girls you have a new book coming out. You're one of their favorites.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Tome duly added to To-Read list! (Don't you love that feature?)

Looking forward to the cover!

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks all so much. I really appreciate the support.

I remember there being a thread a little while ago where someone pointed out that all people did was vent about what was negative about the publishing process which therefore clearly proved that publishers were all evil. I pointed out people are more likely to vent than share good news. And a huge part of that reason is if you share good news sometimes people think you are bragging or full of yourself. I've been burned on other forums in the past about this.

I also realise that from the outside I appear relatively successful with my books, and I'm definitely not complaining. But it's been a tough couple years with my writing career, so stuff like this has become a huge deal for me. And I really really really appreciate that you guys get that. Your support means so much.

Perks - that's great to hear! It's a bit older than the other ones, but I imagine your girls are bit older now anyway, so it's perfect :) .

Phael - I have seen a rough version, and I'm pretty happy. Can't wait to share! (and thanks)

dolores - according to Amazon it says December 6th. But my publisher has yet to confirm that with me. Sometime in that area I guess is a safe bet.