Antimatter and Penning Question

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I was hoping someone could maybe help with this....

I have "an intelligent life form" based on (unknown) dark matter, kind of like an original ghost of space that can pass through anything and who remains untraceable/unseen by man.

To hold this creature captive, I'm looking at antimatter penning. But I'm struggling for a way for one of these creatures to escape the magnetic field penn.

At the moment my option is a trick with light energy somehow, something that antimatter doesn't collide with and go protonish. Only I'm having second thoughts over how feesible that is, and how exactly it might work.

I was hoping to run this by you guys to see if you had any ideas/suggestions.

This creature has two ways to travel: returning to natural state as dark matter (particles for short distance that manipulate gravitational pull), or (mimicking the night's sky)it can mark a (particular angle) of star constellation on its 'form' for long distance space travel (long distant isn't very accurate, it lets the creature transport to any location under that particular angle of constellation). The first option is really what I need to break through the penn (its infecting people on the outside).

I'm kind of :flag: this one. I guess the question is: can light energy be used in any way to break dark matter out of an antimatter penn?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Light energy is... electromagnetism...

I suppose a strong enough burst of light could disrupt the magnetic bottle itself, and MAYBE cause a sort of Coriolis tunnel as antimatter escapes? Sort of like how water draining out of a tub sticks to the perimeter of the drain?

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Light energy is... electromagnetism...

I suppose a strong enough burst of light could disrupt the magnetic bottle itself, and MAYBE cause a sort of Coriolis tunnel as antimatter escapes? Sort of like how water draining out of a tub sticks to the perimeter of the drain?

Wow, that was quick, rob! (I'm gonna have to start paying Mac for this site.)

I like maybees :D And it's the kind of thing I'm after. As it reads at the moment, the dark matter passess through the light energy tunnels, but I couldn't explain why or how.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Heh. I'm at work staring at a software update I'm supposed to babysit. So the timing was just right.

The Coriolis thing was just a way of speeding the escape. There'd have to be some kind of "pressure" forcing the flow (i.e. gravity in my drain example).

It does occur to me, though, that a magnetic bottle pierced as I describe could be fairly easily monitored to see this happen. A burst of light would cause a surge in the field.

Most likely, anyway.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Could centripugal force come into stronger play? The faster the gravitational rotation = the greater the pull on light energy, going on the light energy source varying in strength?