PDA

View Full Version : Whassup with my brainy little friends...

WackAMole
03-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Just poppin in again to say hello!

Life in Sweden has been to busy to even think about writing over the last nearly four years.

I NEVER in a million years thought it would take me four years to learn a language. I scoffed at people who claimed that only small children had the advantage of learning them quickly.

Whelp...basically I've spent the last four years taking my classes and practicing swedish sometimes to the point where I actually hear the neurons frying in my brain. At that point, attempting to read english becomes as foreign to me as Swedish.

I have been a writer for as long as I can remember. Always been a part of my life. Since Sweden, the very thought of trying to brainstorm a novel while at the same time learning swedish is just incomprehensible. I literally feel like I am mentally challenged. errrrr I suppose that is possible LOL

Anyway i dropped in because i started writing again lately and i knew the best place to look for good info on writing was in here with all these clever people.

Also cause i kinda miss Mac,Susie, Silverfish, Peaches, writerterri and i really miss making a complete ass off myself on occasion :D Oh the life!

Hugs to all of you and hope you have a wonderful week!

MacAllister
03-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Hey, you! Nice to see ya! :D

Medievalist
03-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Really super hearing from you!

When you start having a hard time switching between the new language and the old one, that means you've really started learning it at deep levels.

So feel proud.

WackAMole
03-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Really super hearing from you!

When you start having a hard time switching between the new language and the old one, that means you've really started learning it at deep levels.

So feel proud.

Ha! I do not feel very proud I have to be honest! It is getting so much better though. I don't have so many problems reading swedish, but when these little scandinivians start yakkin at me full force, my brain shuts goes into scramble mode. I have a language phobia i think. I panic! ITS RIDICULOUS!

And hiyas MAC!

Miss this place! But now that things are calming down a little for me, I can start coming back in here and glomming all of this great writing advice once again! (and make an ass of myself a few times too for old times sake)

HUGS