Cerridwen Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I've been throwing around the idea of querying Cerridwen Press (the mainstream branch of Ellora's Cave) for some time. Well, last night I finally did. Per their guidelines I sent a synopsis, 1st 3 chapters and the last chapter. Now I have to sit with my fingers crossed until I hear back. I hate the waiting!

Yes, there's actually a question here somewhere...Has anyone queried them? Just wondering what their response time was? Their auto response said up to 5 months! I think I'll have a stroke waiting that long! I'm impatient by nature!

Thanks...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Kristie, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm not familar with Cerridwen, so I don't have any helpful advice...sorry.

Let us know how it goes.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
This is the mainstream side of Ellora's Cave. Somewhere here in my cave, also known as my office, I have notes from when I heard an editor from there speak. I'm in the middle of painting my living room, but later tonight I'll look for those notes and see if she mentioned response times.

Susan G.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I know some people who write for both EC and CP. I could ask them if you like (although that might not work, since an established author will probably hear back quicker than a slush offering.) But I would be happy to ask if you think it'll help. Good luck! :)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cathy...I don't want you to go out of your way but I'd appreciate it! I just have a good feeling about this submission and it's making me awfully nervous. Ah, the relaxing life of a writer! :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to you...I too have checked out Cerridwen Press and have thought about submitting to them as well...once I write something that is :) Currently i'm working on a mystery novel but might throw in some romance too...who knows.

Good luck though..and hope it all works out for you.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Well, I heard back from a few people who've queried them this year. Apparently, they've become quite the hot pub lately (probably because of the print success of the EC titles in the stores). Response times have jumped from one month to nearly SIX!

Sigh... :(

Break out the easy chair, kristie! I'll be awhile.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cathy! I appreciate it...at least now I know I'm in for the long haul. At least I won't feel compelled to check my e-mail constantly! Okay, I may anyway...lol.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
Did you receive an automated response from them saying they'd received your submission?

I sent a sub. on 8/3 -- on October 19 I received an email saying that they'd received the submission. Confused, I followed up and was told that my submission got "hung up" in the computer etherworld, which leads me to believe that piece didn't join the que until October.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting for a reply. On the plus side, I know a couple of EC author's that are very happy, so I'm sure Cerr. is great to work with. Best of luck!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I did get the auto response...it's nice they have that so at least I know it went through. I e-queried Avon a couple of months ago and I don't know if they ever even got it...I've never heard anything back. I may snail mail query them later but I want to wait a bit yet.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on Cerridwen Press??

Read through the threads. It's been about six months since one of you made a submission to Cerridwen. Any bites yet? I took the plunge and submitted today...2-12 months is their reply time (via auto-email).

Good luck with your endeavors.

Karey

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I just submitted to them last week. I'm interested to see how long the response time is, too. Sounds like they're quite the hot place to send mainstream subs these days.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Cure for waiting: Start the next FIVE books.

You're head will implode otherwise.

Prevent a mess, write the first two pages of at least five more books or stories. Chances are good at least one of them will demand you write more.

While waiting to hear back on my first novel I wrote two more and started another--a good thing, too, as the publisher wanted more books from me and fast.

Good luck!

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Agree about that writing while waiting thingy

Yes, yes, yes. Hey...not what ye' think. I'm simply agreeing with the afore mention of continuing to write while ye' wait.
The ms submitted is part of a 6 book series. The next two are being written simultaneously. Not an easy endeavor. But the ideas are crackling faster than mi' wee fingers can fly o'er the key board. And I have a fear of not being prepared. If you submit it, they will come...are you ready? I do NOT want to be caught with my pants bunched up. I'd rather be able to say: why yes, happy editor, here's the next book...and why yes, I will take that 6 figure advance.

Okay, so like it's a fantasy...but that's the clean one. Want details about the one including Orlando? Kidding.

Karey

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
inked09012 said:
Okay, so like it's a fantasy...but that's the clean one. Want details about the one including Orlando? Kidding.

Karey

If it's anything like my Orlando fantasy it belongs down in the Erotica forum! :D

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
quibble about Orlando

We'll meet in Erotica..and Orlando..oh..you can so serve him shaken..not stirred!! Oh, oh, oh...and super size that please!!!
Okay. Jenna's gonna smack our hands and send us to the corner.

Karey

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Ellora's Cave is doing wonderful :) I have thought about submitting something to them myself. I have also bought some print books from them.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Ellora vs Cerridwen

:Shrug: I went with Cerridwen, being that my ms is epic fantasy romance--with minimal erotic scene--way later into the story. With that said, book 2 of this series seems to be taking off on its own--and leaning hot into the erotica...though I'm trying to fight it. So, I may have something for Ellora's Cave, who knows.

From past email inquiries to how it all works, Ellora's Cave has a very nice customer service base. Says alot in my book--in this day & age when customer service seems to be run by the few and the furious.

If you submit to Ellora's, please keep us posted how it went. Oh, and they also mention that if they like your story, but need more erotica, they will make that suggestion to you, giving you the option to make changes vs rejecting your manu without reasons. Sweeeet.

Karey

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks that is good to know :)

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to Ellora's once. And yes, they're connected with Cerridwen. They were interested, but later, rejected my manuscript (it sucked anyway. I just sent one out out of curiosity). They're a nice bunch there, and they give some wonderful encouragements! I'm working on a new (and I believe better) novel now and will take their house to mind. The best of luck to all who wish to submit to them :)

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I have been looking at them more and more ... They have came so far ... i think they have great potential to become a major player in the world of publishing. Already they have a very dedicated fan base.

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have many posts but I wanted to say that I have been offered a contract from Cerridwen Press on two of my books! I am pretty happy. :hooray:

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.