• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Skype-Based Writers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm not looking for a critique group, but I've noticed I do have an easier time staying focused if I have someone to "check in" with on a regular basis. I use Skype a lot for business, and thought it would be worth exploring the whole "Writers Support Group" via Skype, particularly since they now have group video chat.

If you are interested and fit the following profile (more or less) please PM me. :)

You have Skype/High Speed Internet/Web Cam

You want to check in with other writers on your goals, progress, and challenges, but your focus is on staying productive, not needing in-depth critiques.

You're a busy person who wants a fun, focused meeting. Think coffee chat, but virtually.

You have availability during the day. This isn't set in stone but I'm thinking noon Pacific time, twice a month, no more than five of us.

Your genre doesn't matter to me, but I'll mention I do a lot of commercial writing (business topics) and I'm also interested in cozy mysteries and creative nonfiction.

I suppose I'll see if I get any nibbles. :)

MFM

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I think it sounds like an interesting approach. I might be interested. I write short stories (literary, mainstream). I worked as a journalist for the past 10 years, but I'm taking a break from that and writing fiction. Daytime hours work for me.

InfiniteDreamer

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
:cry:Awe I so want to be part of this but I don't have internet at home. I started a WG in September and things are starting to fizzle away so now I'm on the look out for a new one.

Best of luck in finding more members :D

Nick Rolynd

50% Dark, 50% Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
knitewrites.wordpress.com
Count me in. I wrote both short stories (in various genres) and novels (sci-fi and fantasy). I have class Monday through Friday, but I'm out after 3:20 (EST) every day.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, intriguing! I am not a busy person (working on that) but fun and focused sounds like my kind of deal. :) My big project is my fantasy novel, but I do write the occasional contemporary fiction short story. I've felt for a while now that I would benefit from some positive peer pressure to keep me productive, and I would be happy to help others do the same.

Daytime hours should work just fine for now. I'm definitely interested.

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
Spiffy! Work is nuts today, but I'll follow up with you all this week. :)

MFM

Kamyara

the dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to be a part of this.
I'm working on a novel (fantasy).
Daytime hours are be fine aswell because here in Germany it will be 9pm (I hope google was correct).

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to be a part of this.
I'm working on a novel (fantasy).
Daytime hours are be fine aswell because here in Germany it will be 9pm (I hope google was correct).

I'm travelling this weekend but will send you details on Sunday or early Monday. :)

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
OK all, I think we potentially have five of us, which is the max Skype can accomodate on a group video call.

We're set for 1pm Pacific for the first call, today.

See you soon!

MFM

Status
Not open for further replies.