• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a crit partner or a mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm looking for a crit partner or a mentor for my 50,000 Young Adult Fantasy called THE DARK BRINGER. I'd love just some general feedback on it:) If interested you can either post on here or Pm:)

This is the lik for the first chapter, on here~ http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233426

This is the very WIP Query:)

Seventeen-year-old Bree has been moved from foster home to foster home since her mothers death. Her life has gone so far of the rails, late night partying, drinking, bunking off school, but nothing can cure the memoires of her mother dying in her arms. She’s all about given up, ready to take a pill and end it, until the mad warlord that killed her mother comes out of hiding and wants to wipe out her race.

Bree’s an elemental. She can control the elements around her, and with the warlord having escaped, he’s started picking of the rest of her race one by one. Thus, weaking them and erasing their power.

Bree’s mother gave her an amulet before she passed, which means her power’s not affected like the others, and she's the only one who can find five relics that will help stop the mad warlord.

Bree needs to track down these relics, but they are all guarded with traps that need defeating by elemental power. Trouble is, she’s a little rusty and a little spark of wind power isn’t going to be much help against things like an army of stone.

If she fails, she risks not only her own life, but that of her people.

Thanks guys:)

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Just giving this a bump:) I am willing to swap by the way, think I missed that out of my first post:)

Status
Not open for further replies.