Assassin's Creed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Really? I'm hearing American Revolution and French Revolution. I don't know what's going on. I'm glad that there's going to be a statement soon though. I truthfully don't play the game as much some of my brother and friends do, but I think it has a great storyline. It would be interesting to see what they do with this.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
www.assassinscreed.com has started a countdown for Monday.

Now I'm wondering what they're going to announce--besides the release date. I've heard rumors that they're shooting for sooner than November. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

* is so geeked that she was right all that long time ago that they'd use the American Revolution in the series :D -- but, then again, given those coordinates from the AC:B DLC, it makes sense, y'know?

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I was hoping to see a samurai Assassin.. ah well, there's hope in future projects outside the Desmond storyline.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the end of the Desmond storyline, honestly. It's the end of the Templar launch storyline, but Ubisoft has said that Desmond is the culmination of MANY different mega-level assassins' lines, not just a couple.

Somehow, I don't think that the Templars have only one trick up their sleeve.

Besides, why kill such a successful franchise so soon?

Also besides, they still haven't done all of their geek points for the franchise. I've heard too often about how much they want to do a jungle civilization (ala Incan, Mayan or Cambodian) AC installment. ;)

I'm also wondering if they're thinking about doing Eve's lineage, since she's the other half of the couple.

Chiron

Registered
Reaction score
I was just talking to a buddy about this. I'm a little disappointed actually. I think og AC I think of wthese wonderful sets. American Revolution is great for many things, but not architecture. I would like to have seen a setting in China or Russia. Someplace with more mindblowing sets.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought that if the story went to America, it'd be for modern New York, or Chicago. I was also hoping this'd be Desmond's chance in the spotlight.

What settings would you like for future AC games? Mine'd be World War II Berlin (final boss: HITLER) and 19th Century Japan.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was just talking to a buddy about this. I'm a little disappointed actually. I think og AC I think of wthese wonderful sets. American Revolution is great for many things, but not architecture. I would like to have seen a setting in China or Russia. Someplace with more mindblowing sets.

Well, the architecture might not be as exotic, but there's the secret tunnels beneath Philly and other cities, there's prison ships and there's lots of nature (which I've heard Ubisoft has been excited about). Not to mention the Native villages around. I think all of that will be very interesting to see what they do with.

I wasn't enthralled with their choice of Renaissance Italy, honestly (it's one of my least favorite historical eras), but Ezio sold me on it. I trust them.

I always thought that if the story went to America, it'd be for modern New York, or Chicago. I was also hoping this'd be Desmond's chance in the spotlight.

What settings would you like for future AC games? Mine'd be World War II Berlin (final boss: HITLER) and 19th Century Japan.

I think AC3 will have more Desmond in it, honestly. They've developed him too much of a character, not to mention the plotline, to make his framing story too small this time 'round.

My settings would include Tsarist Russia (done in the comics, I know, but that's the comics), Tutor England, French Revolution, though I've long had a secret hankering for them to do Ancient Egypt.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I was hoping to see a samurai Assassin.. ah well, there's hope in future projects outside the Desmond storyline.

There's always side games, for example, games similar to Brotherhood and Revelations. Just a thought.

I wasn't enthralled with their choice of Renaissance Italy, honestly (it's one of my least favorite historical eras), but Ezio sold me on it. I trust them.

Is it bad I like Ezio a little more so far? :tongue I'm wondering if I'm going to like this new guy more than Ezio though. ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ezio's my favorite too, but I admit that it has a LOT to do with the voice actor.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw it! :Snoopy

I'm very excited--though I do wish we could've heard Connor talking. His voice actor is Bill Rogers, whose previous work seems to be centered in Pokemon. I'm not sure if that's a good reference (never was interested in it).

Shaun and Rebecca are back, though. (Cast List: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_III) That should be fun.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta love the small details (like the crest in the tomahawk's head).

ShadowyEclipse

SPAAAAAAACE!
Registered
Reaction score
I would have loved to see Assassin's Creed in China, probably with that Chinese Assassin from AC:E as a main character, if not THE main character. Because Desmond probably has females in his huge culturally diverse gene pool.

I'm also worried that the new protagonist in the series won't have a hidden blade... I saw nothing of it in the trailer.
Just wait and hope.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also worried that the new protagonist in the series won't have a hidden blade... I saw nothing of it in the trailer.
Just wait and hope.

It wasn't featured in the trailer, but all the articles I've seen out of Ubisoft say that he does have it.

Though I really like the Assassin's emblem as the blade of the tomahawk, though. Seriously.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
If you saw it the blade wouldn't be hidden now, would it? :D

I hear they rebuilt their entire game engine for ACIII, which should be interesting. I'm also hearing rumors of possible co-op play.

I'm so preordering just for the awesome steel book bonus.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From what I've read, they started working on this about the same time as AC2, so they've had the time to come up with lots of new, cool stuff. I know the fighting's more involved. Should be interesting.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be fun if Connor had to cut down a cherry tree to block a Templar patrol and atributed it to George Washington?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that could be fun--though 1753 is a little late for that, I'd think.

IIRC, 1753 is the start of the French-Indian War. Washington had already surveyed the Pittsburgh area and told the English to put a fort here. They didn't and the French did (Fort Duquesne). Part of the war was fought here to gain control of the region. The English won (making it Fort Pitt). Several of us here in the area and wondering if there's going to be any nod to that part of the war.

What I find interesting is that Connor is half Mohawk--who were English allies, not Colonial allies. Should be interesting to see how he shifts his interests, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.