• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Wanted for first Chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinldew.blogspot.com
It's a YA/Maybe Adult Sci-fi, fantasy at roughly 50k words. I'm looking for someone to maybe beta read the whole thing, but start with just the first chapter.
If you want to beta just drop me a PM. Thank you.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
There is a share your work forum on AW that you can post your first chapter in. You'll have to boost your post count to fifty before you can do that, though.

"Characters" is misspelled in your sig line, btw.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The eye sees what it expects to be there, not what is. Which is terribly frustrating when you're trying to proofread, of course.

May I suggest you increase your word count by giving critique to others? Not only will you learn to see various mistakes and weaknesses through finding them in somebody else's writing, but if you've been thorough and tactful, it's likely those people will feel they owe you one when you post your own first chapter or scene. In my experience, those who've given really good feedback on my beginning are an excellent starting group for requesting beta reads, especially if I'm truthful about how much their input helped and how.

Maryn, wishing you luck

prbosley

Thoughts are real bits of info.
Registered
Reaction score

I'm a new member to AW and currently working on a futuristic sci-fi type novel involving virtual reality. Never professionally published but taking baby steps toward a long life as a writer. If you still use this forum I'd like to find someone to bounce some of my ideas off of. Let me know.

Paul

It's a YA/Maybe Adult Sci-fi, fantasy at roughly 50k words. I'm looking for someone to maybe beta read the whole thing, but start with just the first chapter.
If you want to beta just drop me a PM. Thank you.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have a forum for bouncing, so many can play. Let me go find a link for you. [Sound of footsteps retreating]

Ah, here it is, The Sandbox. Do put the cover back on it when you're done, so the kitties don't find it and make it a litterbox.

Maryn, tongue in cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.