PDA

View Full Version : Seeking submissions for magazine, Mississippi writers preferred [pays $25 for 500 words]

GulfCoastMama
02-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Hello! I am seeking submissions for a small (circ. 21,000) parenting/family themed publication distributed to families in south Mississippi. This is an advertiser supported publication that aims to provide content relevant to families living here in Mississippi. Although we will consider work submitted by writers outside of this area if it references the Mississippi coast, a strong preference is given to writers from this area. We will also CONSIDER reprints if the content is relevant or has been tailored to our market.

We offer $25 per 500-600 word simple 3rd person nonfiction piece on topics related to parenting, summer camps, pediatric health, holidays, education, etc. Nothing fancy, research heavy, or esoteric. This may be a good chance for someone looking to get started, or someone seeking publishing credits. Additionally, if a writer does good work and is specifically located in the coastal counties of Mississippi, they will be considered for an ongoing relationship with our publication. There is no guarantee of acceptance, but the odds increase significantly if you are willing to write on an assigned topic.

Any interested writers, particularly if they are based in south Mississippi, should contact me at GulfCoastMama@hotmail.com. I will then provide more info on the publication, guidelines, immediate needs, etc.

Thanks!

Richard White
02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Are there issues available for potential authors to view (either in print or on-line) to get a handle on what you've accepted in the past?

That might help people tailor some stuff for you.

Susie
02-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Do you not take writers from other states? I'm from Florida.

GulfCoastMama
02-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks for your questions!
Yes, if anyone is interested, they can email me for full details. I will point you to past issues online, so as to get a feel for the tone of what has been accepted in the past. Honestly, we really are looking for Mississippi Gulf Coast writers. It is not that we will not consider work from other states, but really are looking for content by people familiar with local places, activities, etc. for families in south Mississippi. Please feel free to email me with further questions! Thanks!

Susie
02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks much, GulfCoastMama. Appreciate your answer.

Poppy
04-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Just noticed this. I'm from Laurel, Mississippi which is not that far from the coast. I will be in touch.