(One of the reasons) Why people hate estate agents

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it could be an excellent property. Great view, great television reception.

Could be dangerous in a lightning storm, I suppose, but I'm assuming there are no storms near the Irish Sea, right?

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Why do people think that the Eiffel tower is romantic - but this isn't?

They are both big metal structures.

Mac

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
When as many artists have used this phone mast as the backdrop to a romantic scene as they have the Eiffel Tower, I'm sure it will be. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could be worse . . .

ar132570872803441.jpg

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The camera leans over and does it for him, of course.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I can relate! My house is across the street from a giant power substation. We've planted trees that will eventually obscure the view and most of the windows in our house face south (opposite the station and over a wooded valley). We were a little surprised when our agent first brought us here to show us the house, but ultimately we decided that being across the street from the substation was a compromise we were willing to make. Transformers make exceptionally quiet neighbors, there's extra security combing the area regularly since it's fed property and according to the two neighbors that live on my little street, these houses haven't lost power since they were built in 1962, even when the rest of the city blacked out. Oh, and we have about an acre of land, which is enormous for a property smack in the middle of town around here.

I will have to post pics of both the good side and ugly side views from my place in a bit.