PDA

View Full Version : Beta(s) wanted for epic fantasy novel

AndreaGS
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Hey all! I'm looking for 1-2 betas for an epic fantasy novel I just finished my last round of revisions on. I have a couple friends reading it, but I could really use a pair of eyes attached to a brain that doesn't know me.

I have an invite to send the first three chapters to an agent on my wishlist when it's ready, but I don't want to blow it! Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I can provide in kindle format as well, if that helps. And I'm willing to return the favor if you have a book that needs feedback.

Here's the blurb:

In the Mezaran Empire, human blood is a commodity that wins wars. Amarris is the Empire's most talented lestari, able to absorb blood through her skin and burn it to create divine fire. She cares nothing for those that fuel her gift, until a case of mistaken identity lands her beneath a blood collector's blades. Horrified, Amarris rejects her heritage and begins rescuing the oppressed citizens of countries the Empire has conquered.

But escaping her past isn’t as easy as changing her name and appearance. Her gift comes with a powerful addiction to blood, and the voice of a god riding around in her head. The Mezaran god, Lestoor, tells her she can never change, and half the time she believes him.

When Amarris discovers the Empire plans to invade Darsia, the only country that’s ever repelled it, she crosses the ocean in an attempt to both break her ties with Lestoor, and to halt the Empire’s expansion. But her penchant for fire entangles her in Darsia’s tempestuous politics. No one trusts a Mezaran, especially a reformed lestari. Amarris’ arsenal whittles down to one weapon: divine fire. If she runs again, the Empire’s lestari will kill everyone she’s come to care about. If she fights, she risks losing herself to Lestoor and destroying everything she holds dear.

Thank you!!

jasonaaronfox
02-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm game. Email me a PDF if you can, jasonaaronfox@sent.as

Include what type of input you are looking for.

Dreambrewer
02-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Sounds interesting. Send me a PM if you accept me and I'll send you my email.

AndreaGS
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Got my betas, thank you!!