PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite commercial?

Lantern Jack
12-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Mine is the recent Nintendo spot where an entire city shelves its Glocks and AK-47s and engages in a vicious, take-no-prisoners, water balloon guerilla war.

Wouldn't that be the bomb (pun intended) if that happened in real life?

elisadasilva
12-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Mine is where a guitar strumming Sponge Bob rips his pants in the butt, oops. Then he serenades some young boys into bending over, assuming the position so they can oops too. Sponge Bob is much more seductive than Michael Jackson. He doesn't even need Jesus Juice.

September skies
12-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I always love the Carls' Jr. commercials. (no, not the Paris Hilton one)
I love the one where the man is cooking and making a total mess of the kitchen before he finally gives up and leaves.

"Carls' Jr. -- Without us, some men would starve"

Carole
12-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Around here, Carl's Junior is basically the same as Hardees only Hardees is not so good. I miss Carl's Junior. I would give someone's left arm for a good old Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Yum!

writerterri
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I liked the Diet Coke comercials a couple of years ago where the girls in the office would check out the babe constructuion worker drinking his coke and they would drool. Holy moses!

Remember the ones: What a difference a day makes? The guy is walking out of work all sweaty and juicy lookin'. In the next scene he would be dressed in a fine suit holding a red rose smiling oh, so, tantlizingly. Oh, yes! *sigh* men are wonderful.

I like the Kodak one where the guy is holding up the picture frames and the music is: Picture books, pictures of your momma taken by your papa a long time ago.

The Swiffer Duster one where the guy dusts all the finger prints and gets busted by the investigators who want to investigate the crime scene.

and the one where it's back to school at Office Depot and the dad is riding the carts through the isles in front of his kids throwing schools supplies in his basket and the kids are upset about school starting. I love that one.

kristie911
12-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I can't say which is my favorite but I know which is my least favorite...

Those Burger King commericals with the big plastic-headed King...could he be any frickin' creepier? The newest one where he's huge like King Kong is so scary I close my eyes when it comes on!

I guess my favorite are the Raisin Bran Crunch commericals with the guy that won't leave after he gets fired...now he has the assistant and they're both eating the cereal and can't hear. Cracks me right up!

WVWriterGirl
12-19-2005, 11:35 AM
A couple of my favorites:

The Tide-to-Go commercial, where the Army recruit is being berated by the Sgt. about the ketchup stain on his shirt. My favorite part is when the Sgt. turns around to see that there's no stain there now, and he yells, "What've they sent me, a gall-darned Hoo-deeni?!" Hilarious.

I love the old Folger's commercial they run at Christmas-time, where the guy comes home from college unexpectedly. Makes me smile.

You guys' Carl's Jr. commercial, the one that says "without us some men would starve"? The Hardee's commercial here says the exact same thing and shows the exact same thing.

My last favorite commercial is a Kodak commercial, too. It's the one with the guy and the group of little kids in a photography gallery, and he says something like, "Keep me, protect me, and I will live forever." I just think that's such a beautiful way to think about the pictures you take.

September skies
12-19-2005, 11:47 AM
and the one where it's back to school at Office Depot and the dad is riding the carts through the isles in front of his kids throwing schools supplies in his basket and the kids are upset about school starting. I love that one.

To the tune of "The most wonderful time of the year" - back to school!
That's a classic. I love that one and I sing that every time the kids go back to school.

Carole
12-19-2005, 01:55 PM
You guys' Carl's Jr. commercial, the one that says "without us some men would starve"? The Hardee's commercial here says the exact same thing and shows the exact same thing.

Carl's Junior bought Hardees (or the other way around) a few years ago. Remember when you started seeing the little smiling yellow star on the Hardees signs? That star has been the Carl's Junior Logo for ages.

WVWriterGirl
12-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Carl's Junior bought Hardees (or the other way around) a few years ago. Remember when you started seeing the little smiling yellow star on the Hardees signs? That star has been the Carl's Junior Logo for ages.

Ahh, nifty. Didn't know that. Good deal.

Sarita
12-19-2005, 06:22 PM
For some reason the Mastercard commercial with Peyton Manning cracks me up every time. The one where he's the fan of everyone in real life and he's sitting at the coffee counter at a diner holding up 2 signs:

D and CAFE

(you know like the D Fence signs they hold up at games?) and he's shouting and stomping. D CAFE stomp stomp, D CAFE stomp stomp...

I don't know why I find it so funny.

elisadasilva
12-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Those Burger King commericals with the big plastic-headed King...could he be any frickin' creepier? The newest one where he's huge like King Kong is so scary I close my eyes when it comes on!

I couldn't agree more! That monster stalks his hapless victims. Wake up in bed with THAT? omg. Every single time those commercials come on I scream in fear.

Celia Cyanide
12-19-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't know any of these! I spend far too much time here...I need to watch some TV.

WVWriterGirl
12-19-2005, 07:36 PM
For some reason the Mastercard commercial with Peyton Manning cracks me up every time. The one where he's the fan of everyone in real life and he's sitting at the coffee counter at a diner holding up 2 signs:

D and CAFE

(you know like the D Fence signs they hold up at games?) and he's shouting and stomping. D CAFE stomp stomp, D CAFE stomp stomp...

I don't know why I find it so funny.

I've never seen this one, but it reminded me of the CapitolOne commercials. I really like the ones with the ex-barbarians who now have "normal jobs". I think the Halloween series and Christmas series of commercials are just plain funny. The best one for the Christmas season is the one where the "barbarian" that does the talking barks at the kid at the end, "I'm makin' a list!" Great!

Shadow_Ferret
12-19-2005, 08:46 PM
My favorite commerical right now is for Arby's. It has three burly construction workers taking a break. These beautiful women walk by and there is no reaction from them. Then suddenly they perk up and start catcalling and the camera pans to a slowmotion stroll of this guy sucking on a Arby's drink carrying a bag of something from Arby's. I just find this funny. One of the workers yells, "Hey, you got fries with that shake?" :)

cool_st_elizabeth
12-19-2005, 08:59 PM
I like the one for Zales, or maybe it's Kay Jewelers ... anyway, one of the big jewelry chain stores, that has three songs playing at once. One of the songs is Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby," don't know what the other two are.

And I love the one about the little dachshund who has an old, beat-up toy dog, and his owner takes him to the toy store and buys him a new one, and he is so happy.

CaitlinK18
12-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Ahem. That song is actually "Under Pressure" by Queen, feat. David Bowie. Vanilla Ice ripped off the bass line--I mean, sampled it--for his insipid pseudo-rap. The commercial is about the guy being "under pressure" to find a gift for his girlfriend...okay, geek moment over.

I really like the Boost Mobile commercials, in which we see what would have happened to, among others, Fat Joe and Travis Barker of Blink 182 if they hadn't had Boost back in the day. Fat Joe as a pet shrink cracks me up every time.

Speaking of cell phones, I also like the Poser Mobile spots from T Mobile, especially the one where the Posers are hassling the girl and her boyfriend comes over, and the little guy goes "Whassamatta dude, you wanna ride the pay train?" Then his Asian friend starts doing wack karate/dance moves...

blisswriter
12-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I can't say which is my favorite but I know which is my least favorite...

Oh my Gawd! I hate those commercials too. Who in big-headed HELL thought of those ads? And who still eats at Burger King any way? LOL

PeeDee
12-20-2005, 12:04 PM
"I'm real dumbass and dumbass material, so whattaya say, Mister Dumbass?"

"The name. Is Dumaz."

(I believe that was Snickers.)

Hands-down favorite was the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper (god, but that's a mouthful) commercial, where she's out on the date with the millionaire charity-working good-looking doctor, she takes a sip of her drink, and...

"Mana-Mana."
(do doo do dodo)
"Mana-Mana!"
(do doodoo do)

Love it.

spike
12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
I love the starburst commercial where they say "It's like a feista in your mouth" And you see a mariachi band playing a the guys mouth. Then the guy takes a drink and one of the musicians is washed down the throat, and another yells, "Por que?????"

That cracks me up.

PeeDee
12-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I haven't seen that one, but it cracks me up just thinking about it... :)

I was really remiss in that I didn't state my ALL TIME FAVORITE COMMERCIAL EVER.

Quizno's subs. With the Sponge Monkies.

(EAT QUIZNOS SUBS! THEY ARE A DOLLAR OFF! WHEN YOU BRING A COUPON! FOR PONY RIDES OR OIL CHANGES! ANY COUPON WORKS! BEWARE OF PAPER CUTS!)

(Oh god, I've got it memorized.

blacbird
12-21-2005, 12:42 AM
The various Geico "Good News" commercials in general, and the first couple of Capital One Barbarian commercials. My fave among the Geico ones are the Anime Speed Racer cartoon one, and the pro wrestlers one. Also their cave men series.

caw.

PeeDee
12-21-2005, 12:44 AM
YES! Those too! The Geico ones are great. And the Capital One barbarian commercials almost have me in tears. Okay, those are both up there with the Quizno's commercial.

I get more enjoyment ouf commercials than I do most television shows...creepy.

clintl
12-21-2005, 12:54 AM
This one may be a bit obscure, except maybe to the Brits on the board with long memories. I only saw it once, when I was visiting England in 1992.

There's this dirty, grungy, leather-clad motorcycle gang that pulls into a Shell gas station. The gang leader stops at a pump, takes the gas cap off. Then he grabs the attendant by the shirt, and says in a menacing voice, "What's so special about your gasoline?"

The attendant timidly gives an explanation how the special detergents keep engines clean.

When he finishes, the motorcycle gang leader says, "Ewwww!", puts his gas cap back on, and they all ride away without filling up.

Puddle Jumper
12-21-2005, 09:34 PM
My favorite was on a few years ago and was for Miracle Whip. It had two little boys playing outside and one peeked in the window to see his mom making sandwiches and began telling his friend what she was putting in the sandwiches. The other little boy asked, "And Miracle Whip?" and the other little boy said, "No." And the other boy said he could hear his mom calling him so he went home and had a sandwich with Miracle Whip.

I just thought it was really cute.

I also really like the Geico Gecko - my favorite being the one of him coming out of the shower and picking up the phone then putting it down and saying, "Well that was uncalled for."

I guess I like cuteness in commercials.

blacbird
12-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Oh my Gawd! I hate those commercials too. Who in big-headed HELL thought of those ads? And who still eats at Burger King any way? LOL

Agree wholeheartedly. Burger King has been infamous for godawful commercials for years. You have to wonder who their ad agency is, and just what in hell they are thinking.

caw.

Paint
12-22-2005, 02:25 AM
I like all the Capitol One commercials. The goofy little guy at the door "Trick or Treat!" and the barbarian who picks up a giant bottle of perfume, snifs it and downs it. Also the office worker who screams like a girl. Too funny!

PrettySpecialGal
12-23-2005, 06:56 PM
The new Miller Light courtroom commercials- bwahahahahahahahaha!!
yeeaaahhhh,, bbbbooooyyyeeeeeeee!!!

http://www.millerbeer.com/

put in your birthdate, and click on Taste Trial

PattiTheWicked
12-23-2005, 07:17 PM
I love the Capital One barbarians. They're great. I also like the insurance company spots -- I think it's Nationwide -- where the line is "Because life comes at you fast." There's one where a squirrel falls out of a tree, startling a topless sunbather, who jumps up and scares a guy with a hose, who.... anyway, it ends up with a boat flying into a house. It cracks me up.

There's also one I like for some miniblinds, where two women are inside admiring the window treatments while the husband is outside blowing up the grill and destroying the doghouse, but they don't notice because they're so busy being impressed by the windows. Love it.

And the Burger King guy is just freakin' creepy. It's almost as bad as the campaign they had last year for the chicken fries, with the band that had the chicken heads on. Who wants to eat anything with those images in their head? Ugh.

threedogpeople
12-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Around here, Carl's Junior is basically the same as Hardees only Hardees is not so good. I miss Carl's Junior. I would give someone's left arm for a good old Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Yum!

My favorite sandwich at Carl's - especially the onion ring on the burger. I also love their fried zucchini (with ranch dressing).

My favorite commercials may be limited to British Columbia anyway, there are 3 of them in a series about anti-drunk-driving. They aren't funny but are very powerful.

Anyway, my favorites are the one where the girl passenger is talking to the driver saying something like "So, how long are you going to continue to drink and drive? Until you get caught and they take your license? Until you kill someone...." Then BLAM they get t-boned.

The 2nd one is being narrated by a guy standing on the sidewalk in a park. Same general message and before he finishes his last comment a car leaves the road and sends him sailing over a park bench."

spanner3
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
http://tinyurl.com/35td4f

I can't resist it.

Maggie

JoeEkaitis
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Verizon Wireless, in which the father surprises his daughter, wife and son with feature-laden cell phones, telling each "Because you're my Number One." Then he strolls out the front door gloating to himself "Saving the best for Numero Uno."

Fathers are so rarely the smartest people in TV spots.