• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need 3 betas - Pickaxe - Sci Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonaaronfox

idle hands
Registered
Reaction score
Need betas on 60k first draft, looking for advice on sections to expand to get the book to 80k.

Looking for the following:

One grammar hound.
One published author.
One person who just loves to read.

Willing to send first chapter to prospective betas to see if they are interested in the rest of the book.

Thanks!

Short Description:
A group of men agree to a year's labor far from their home world in exchange for medicine and assistance with a plague of radioactive meteorites. From the moment their leave their planet it becomes clear that the intentions of their new captors are not for a peaceful year. Brutal torture and murder ensue as the men are forced to labor themselves to death deep inside the heart of an ancient mine. A resistance is born, and the protagonist rallies the men in the deepest part of the mine to himself. Through ingenuity the protagonist frees the men in the deepest section of the mine, and the struggle to survive on their new world ensues. Unwilling to leave the rest of the men behind the protagonist forces his way into enemy lines to take technology from the soldiers in charge of their men. At great risk to his own life, he succeeds in retrieving an implant that allows him to relive the life of the soldier he kills. With his newfound knowledge he pushes for the people that are free to rise up against the captors and a daring attempt leaves half their men still trapped inside. Crushed by the defeat and haunted by the memory of the men still trapped inside. More futile attempts are made to free the men trapped inside, but the path is blocked by an impenetrable field of light that destroys whatever crosses the path. While secretly working with his close friends to open up the collapsed escape tunnel they had dug long before, the thousands of survivors living in relative security in the jungle are wiped out by the captors in a single night. Devastated, the protagonist leads a daring rebellion from the bottom of the mine and leads his people to freedom.

That's a rough overview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.