Glimmer Train contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanclr

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody participated in any of the Glimmer Train fiction contests? I believe the results for their current competition are to be announced by January 06 - I'd presume they would contact the winners in advance, but does anybody know this for sure? I wasn't clear from the website whether they just post the winners or write to them individually. I'd imagine the losers don't get specific notification. Anyone have any experience with these contests?

Thanks!
Joan

tammyk

I've never entered any of their contests, but I have submitted to them a couple times. I'm pretty sure they send rejection notices to the writers who don't win. As far as winner notifications go, I don't know.

Garbarian

Registered
Reaction score
I've never won but have been a finalist twice, and both times received a form email stating such (I know others who have been finalists) after the winner's list was posted online. However, I'm certain they contact the winners beforehand, if only for the practical reason of making sure the story is still available.

They send a form rejection email to everybody who doesn't win or place.

joanclr

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I guess it's just more of the waiting game then! (sigh...)

:)

Niggle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
p076.ezboard.com
Hi Joan, I've entered one Glimmer Train contest previously and came nowhere. I did get an e-mail telling me this, but I seem to recall that it came a few days (maybe a week) after the conference deadline. However, the Glimmer Train submission web pages were updated much earlier, so I actually knew that I hadn't been placed because the status of my submission changed.

(Come to think of it, I knew that I hadn't been placed at the moment I submitted my entry. Must learn to write a decent story before I try for this competition again... ;-)

NickDangr

Registered
Reaction score
I have participated in Glimmer Train contests in the past, never had a single bad thing to say about 'em. Good luck!

NickDangr

Registered
Reaction score
naw it happened when I was Yoda too! ;-) I can't figure out how to put a personal avatar up - I assume it requires a subscription.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
NickDangr said:
naw it happened when I was Yoda too! ;-) I can't figure out how to put a personal avatar up - I assume it requires a subscription.

I don't think so. If you go to User CP (up there on the left hand side, above these messages), then to control panel, set system options, and edit profile picture, you will find directions on how to upload a pic from your PC. I would have done it myself by now, but this avatar looks more like me than any photo I have available.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
emeraldcite said:
lol. twins.

short fiction has always been quiet.

Well then, obviously we gotta get ourselves a bit busier in here.

emoteClap.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
EmoteGuitar.gif
Emotesnoopy.gif
emotePartySmiley.gif
EmoteCheer.gif
emoteTheWave.gif
Emotepartyguy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.