• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta for Urban Fantasy Comedy, 65k or so, with intent to self-publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. So, as you probably noted from the thread title, I have a Frankenstein book. :D It doesn't contain any actual Frankensteins, but it is an UF comedy, possibly YA in style.

I have had NO luck finding a home for this beast, so I'm thinking of self-publishing.

However, I would like another pair of eyes to tell me if this book hasn't found a home because it sucks, or because it's simply not a "popular" style choice.

Criticisms should be helpful. That's not to say that you have to solve all my problems for me - but if you say something like, "This whole chapter was crap," I'd like some idea of what needs to be changed.

One thing I won't be changing is the inherent style. Plot and characters? I'm open for changing some things. But the comedic style is something I want to keep intact, or possibly enhance.

I'd really prefer a beta who comes to AW often. I want someone who I can talk to via PM, as I'm much more often on AW than I am on my email account.

What else should I mention?

Umm, yeah, it's going to be self-published (I think). Not sure if that will change anything...

So - I'm really nervous here, but it's something that's got to be done.

Thanks in advance to anyone who even looked at this thread, whether you have the time or inclination to beta or not.

(Final note: I've used British spelling, as I'm from Australia. So telling me that I should spell things American-wise probably isn't something I'm looking for.)

Thanks!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. ;)

So far I've got 2 readers who have received my novel, and 1 more who's meant to email me theirs first, then I'll send them mine.

I'm thrilled with how many responses I got in 24 hours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.