Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, gotta rant for a moment . . .

About a month ago, I contacted my local Waldenbooks--the manager and assistant manager both said they would order the SoS books (at least a few of them). When it became listed on Ingram's, I called the store, spoke to the assistant. She acted like she pulled it up on the computer and said she was placing an order for it right then.

So I go to the store yesterday, and hey . . . no book! (It was too late for me to order from Lulu for Christmas; had to wait until payday, anyway.)

And then THEY were saying they couldn't pull it up; it must not be listed with Ingram's!

So I called 'em back today, gave them the ISBN# AGAIN(!).

The assistant told me today after she tried to tell me it wasn't listed w/ Ingram's that she was able to find it, but only as a special order--she had to create a fake customer name and do a custom order. The reason it Waldenbooks can't find it is because they don't have it in their warehouse.
(She did this after I told her that the other major bookstores aren't having a problem getting the book in stock.)

Since I told her that her manager told me they would carry at least a few copies, she went ahead and ordered them. (Although she told me a few minutes before that she wasn't authorized to place an order!)

Still too late for Christmas, though.

[I want a jump-up-and-down-in-frustration smilie!]

But at least ultimately they will stock a few, and they are (I hope!) making good on their word--albeit a bit to little, a bit too late. AND after I gave their store a plug in the newspaper article.

But anything we sell is good, though. And I hope they have to reorder it--because it's selling so well!

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about your mishap Swebb. At least you tried and good thing they finally ordered it. Have a good evening.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

I was just frustrated(!) and had to vent a little.

Also, at least we now know why Waldenbooks was having problems, and how the stores can order it if they want to.

It's not bad, really.

And I really enjoyed using the word "shenanigans" in a thread title! :)

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Better luck than I have had. The one store that I had at least gotten a poster placed is going out of business.

edited to add: See? There is always a positive. It might have been rough but at least you got through to them if you compare it with my experience.

Last edited:

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Shwebb said:
Sorry, gotta rant for a moment . . .

About a month ago, I contacted my local Waldenbooks--the manager and assistant manager both said they would order the SoS books (at least a few of them). When it became listed on Ingram's, I called the store, spoke to the assistant. She acted like she pulled it up on the computer and said she was placing an order for it right then.

So I go to the store yesterday, and hey . . . no book! (It was too late for me to order from Lulu for Christmas; had to wait until payday, anyway.)

And then THEY were saying they couldn't pull it up; it must not be listed with Ingram's!

So I called 'em back today, gave them the ISBN# AGAIN(!).

The assistant told me today after she tried to tell me it wasn't listed w/ Ingram's that she was able to find it, but only as a special order--she had to create a fake customer name and do a custom order. The reason it Waldenbooks can't find it is because they don't have it in their warehouse.
(She did this after I told her that the other major bookstores aren't having a problem getting the book in stock.)

Since I told her that her manager told me they would carry at least a few copies, she went ahead and ordered them. (Although she told me a few minutes before that she wasn't authorized to place an order!)

Still too late for Christmas, though.

[I want a jump-up-and-down-in-frustration smilie!]

But at least ultimately they will stock a few, and they are (I hope!) making good on their word--albeit a bit to little, a bit too late. AND after I gave their store a plug in the newspaper article.

But anything we sell is good, though. And I hope they have to reorder it--because it's selling so well!

This was the same problem I had with Walden, I meant to get back in touch with you, but when I called that Walden, they acted like they had never heard of the book. My Walden called your Walden and neither could order it.

Shwebb

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the woman I spoke to yesterday SAID she ordered it this time. (Yeah, that's the same story I got last month!) But she did explain how she had to find it in their system.

I think I might get a few of my friends to call them in a few weeks to see if they have the book in stock--maybe that'll also encourage them to keep it on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.