PDA

View Full Version : I call "SHENANIGANS!" on Waldenbooks!!

Shwebb
12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Sorry, gotta rant for a moment . . .

About a month ago, I contacted my local Waldenbooks--the manager and assistant manager both said they would order the SoS books (at least a few of them). When it became listed on Ingram's, I called the store, spoke to the assistant. She acted like she pulled it up on the computer and said she was placing an order for it right then.

So I go to the store yesterday, and hey . . . no book! (It was too late for me to order from Lulu for Christmas; had to wait until payday, anyway.)

And then THEY were saying they couldn't pull it up; it must not be listed with Ingram's!

So I called 'em back today, gave them the ISBN# AGAIN(!).

The assistant told me today after she tried to tell me it wasn't listed w/ Ingram's that she was able to find it, but only as a special order--she had to create a fake customer name and do a custom order. The reason it Waldenbooks can't find it is because they don't have it in their warehouse.
(She did this after I told her that the other major bookstores aren't having a problem getting the book in stock.)

Since I told her that her manager told me they would carry at least a few copies, she went ahead and ordered them. (Although she told me a few minutes before that she wasn't authorized to place an order!)

Still too late for Christmas, though.

[I want a jump-up-and-down-in-frustration smilie!]

But at least ultimately they will stock a few, and they are (I hope!) making good on their word--albeit a bit to little, a bit too late. AND after I gave their store a plug in the newspaper article.

But anything we sell is good, though. And I hope they have to reorder it--because it's selling so well!

Vanessa
12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Sorry about your mishap Swebb. At least you tried and good thing they finally ordered it. Have a good evening.

Shwebb
12-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks.

I was just frustrated(!) and had to vent a little.

Also, at least we now know why Waldenbooks was having problems, and how the stores can order it if they want to.

It's not bad, really.

And I really enjoyed using the word "shenanigans" in a thread title! :)

Moondancer
12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Better luck than I have had. The one store that I had at least gotten a poster placed is going out of business.

edited to add: See? There is always a positive. It might have been rough but at least you got through to them if you compare it with my experience.

OneTeam OneDream
12-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Sorry, gotta rant for a moment . . .

About a month ago, I contacted my local Waldenbooks--the manager and assistant manager both said they would order the SoS books (at least a few of them). When it became listed on Ingram's, I called the store, spoke to the assistant. She acted like she pulled it up on the computer and said she was placing an order for it right then.

So I go to the store yesterday, and hey . . . no book! (It was too late for me to order from Lulu for Christmas; had to wait until payday, anyway.)

And then THEY were saying they couldn't pull it up; it must not be listed with Ingram's!

So I called 'em back today, gave them the ISBN# AGAIN(!).

The assistant told me today after she tried to tell me it wasn't listed w/ Ingram's that she was able to find it, but only as a special order--she had to create a fake customer name and do a custom order. The reason it Waldenbooks can't find it is because they don't have it in their warehouse.
(She did this after I told her that the other major bookstores aren't having a problem getting the book in stock.)

Since I told her that her manager told me they would carry at least a few copies, she went ahead and ordered them. (Although she told me a few minutes before that she wasn't authorized to place an order!)

Still too late for Christmas, though.

[I want a jump-up-and-down-in-frustration smilie!]

But at least ultimately they will stock a few, and they are (I hope!) making good on their word--albeit a bit to little, a bit too late. AND after I gave their store a plug in the newspaper article.

But anything we sell is good, though. And I hope they have to reorder it--because it's selling so well!

This was the same problem I had with Walden, I meant to get back in touch with you, but when I called that Walden, they acted like they had never heard of the book. My Walden called your Walden and neither could order it.

Shwebb
12-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Well, the woman I spoke to yesterday SAID she ordered it this time. (Yeah, that's the same story I got last month!) But she did explain how she had to find it in their system.

I think I might get a few of my friends to call them in a few weeks to see if they have the book in stock--maybe that'll also encourage them to keep it on order.

Shwebb
01-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Went to Waldenbooks today, and they had seven copies on the shelf!

ChunkyC
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Went to Waldenbooks today, and they had seven copies on the shelf!
w00t!