PDA

View Full Version : Submitting more than one MS

MJRevell
02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I've found an agent who I like so much I have shoved them right to the top of my list.

It is quite hard not to send them all my work. Everything I've written is on their wishlist.

Is it ok to send them more than one MS (in separate emails, of course)?

I have two books, and three picture books, all of which I would love to bombard them with.

They ask for a max of three PBs in one submission - so it would be three emails.

Yay or nay?

amschilling
02-18-2012, 08:54 PM
IMO? Nope. Focus on one at a time. Start with the piece you feel is strongest, and the best fit. If you get rejected, wait a little bit (suggested times vary but I believe we're talking in the months range and not days) and then send #2. Repeat as needed.

If an agent likes what they see and are considering representation, they'll ask you what else you might have/are working on.

Cyia
02-18-2012, 09:53 PM
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THIS.

You send one email at a time with one project. Once you get a call from an agent, then you can discuss the others, but ONLY one in the initial query. Multi-submission bombardment is often met with auto-rejection.

Drachen Jager
02-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Send one, wait for the rejection/request, send the next, wait for the rejection/request.

Don't carpet bomb them, they may get annoyed.

Jamesaritchie
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Definitely not. One at a time.

Jersey Chick
02-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I doubt it needs repeating, but I'll repeat anyway.

Do. Not. Do. This.

One project at a time.

OohLaLaura
02-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I'd start with your strongest book, then wait to see if they are interested. Maybe they'll give you some feedback that will give you an idea of what to send next, in the event that they pass on your first submission.

I don't have a lot of experience, though-that's just my gut reaction based on their guidelines.
Good luck!