• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for action/adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazevelt

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to help me perform major surgery on a bloated word count.

I believe this work is fairly clean and it's been spell checked- I'm a stickler when it comes to the basics. I have, however, developed a blind eye regarding plot holes, time lines, and inconsistancies; been over it so many times with a fine-toothed comb that I may have missed what needs to be brushed.

And cut. Definitely cut. ...Or I could add another 200,000 words and figure out how to make it into three stand-alone novels. Would be quite easy to do that as I had to force myself to stop where I did. But the object is to sell it, not marry it.

This is an action/adventure with a military theme, but think more A Team, The Unit, and NCIS rather than Blackhawk Down, Mission; Impossible, or the Bourn Identity.
I won't hold anyone to the entire project if it becomes a burden, just tell me, "Enough already." I'll be quite grateful for your input up to that point.

I would also be willing to beta in return. I could be helpful with romance, Sci Fi, westerns, non-fiction, Christian lit, technical writing, or mysteries. I'd be useless trying to help with anything related to vampires, zombies, YA, or poetry.
Absolutely not interested in raw erotica or slash fic.

I can send a synopsis and the first chapter to see if the work interests you. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.