Getting Locked in the Castle AGAIN! Part 4!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I recently found out I was picked to be 1 of 6 playwrights taking part in this year's Trafalgar 24 Play Creation Festival! Again!

This will be my 4th consecutive year doing Trafalgar.

24 artists. 24 hours. 6 new plays.

What happens is - 6 playwrights get locked into Trafalgar Castle (a 19th Century castle) in Whitby, Ontario. Each one gets put into a particular room. They stay for 8 hours overnight (10pm-6am). They must write a play from start to finish that actually takes place in the room in which they are placed. Then, after their 8 hours are over, they get to go home and the directors and actors are locked in for 8 hours to rehearse. Then, that evening, the audience arrives and moves throughout the castle in 6 mini-audiences. The audiences each see all 6 plays.

This is a fundraising event so that DRIFTWOOD THEATRE can hop on their BARD'S BUS every summer and bring Shakespeare theatre to small Ontario communities that might not otherwise experience such theatre. They perform indoors and outdoors to audiences throughout Ontario---and they are PAY WHAT YOU CAN.

This is my absolute favourite writing experience ever. And I am getting to do it FOR THE FOURTH TIME!!! Can't wait!

Here's the DRIFTWOOD THEATRE webpage fully describing TRAFALGAR 24.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes again this year to you. :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score