John Locke's print distribution deal with Simon & Schuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
It seems pretty cool. He gets to keep the rights to "Wish List" but also gets to take advantage of S&S's great distribution system. What do you think of this? Do you think this is the future for (sucessful) indie authors? Do you think this will this be happening more in the future?
Just curious.

LLW

Registered
Reaction score
I think authors in e-publishing/indie selling are about to get a lot more love--especially those authors who sell well already. I read somewhere recently that one of the big papers in Chicago (I just tried to find the article again and couldn't, sorry) will start reviewing self-published books. I think it's a sign of the times. Money talks, and the authors who are doing well in self-publishing are about to get a lot more respect.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
It's nothing but good business sense. He gets to maintain the e-rights to do with as he pleases, and his sales are strong enough that S&S gets to tap the section of the market he can't touch on his own.

Exceptions to the norm often get exceptional consideration; that's what you're seeing here.

PulpDogg

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
Exceptions to the norm often get exceptional consideration; that's what you're seeing here.

This. Amanda Hocking got a deal, now John Locke. Successful authors, even if they just put out Kindle ebooks will get noticed.

But that doesn't mean every Kindle Author will get a deal ... or even everyone that manages to sell 1000 copies a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.