PDA

View Full Version : Io Saturnalia!

Sarita
12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Is anyone writing about alternative holiday festivities? Who are you writing for or marketing to?

I'd like to hear about your holiday traditions, you know, the out of the ordinary? :)

I just read a bit about the Maya end of the year traditions. They had 5 days designated at the end of their calendar year as "Unholy Days." The idea was that the days were by definition, unholy and they had to perform rituals in order to level out the spirituality of these days.

May you always have enough, and some to share. May you never thirst! Bona Saturnalia!

PattiTheWicked
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I just had an article accepted by Pagan Parenting about how to craft a Yule log with your kids. It's not online yet, but should be soon.

I've also completed an ms about solstice for kids, which I'm going to start pitching to publishers soon.

Carole
12-19-2005, 07:49 AM
I have a new book in the works about Pagan celebrations, but it's more of a Pagan Martha Stewart kinda thing.

It's late-thirty and I am exhausted, but hubby and I do have several unusual ways we celebrate even traditional holidays. I'll try to get back here to post about that.

In the mean time, wish me, will me or freakin SPELL me some strength. I'm darn close to severing ties with my mom and this is SO not the time of year to do that

(geez..that was a major hijack. sorry about that)