• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta for 81K YA novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

theresa.mcclinton

"Crossing Realms of YA Romance."
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theresamcclinton.com
I need a beta for my 81K YA novel. This is my first time seeking a beta, my manuscript has only been shared with one other person. I am open to opinions, corrections and critique. I don't know how thick my skin is, but i'm not looking for a 'yes man'. I want someone to tell me their true opinions and help me improve the manuscript. I may be a new novelist but I know what a true beta can help accomplish.

I need copy editing, plus any suggestions about plot or character development. The Stone Guardian is volume one in a trilogy. I am currently 41K words into volume two, but have put it aside to polish and complete The Stone Guardian.

I'm more than willing to beta for someone in exchange. I am not as good with line editing as I am with plot and character development. I will beta YA but will NOT beta erotica or horror.

One other thing. I'm a hard worker. I'm a mother of three, so most of work is done at night but I do my best to be diligent. I never expect someone I work with to work harder than I will, which has yet to happen. So if you beta me, all I ask is that you really do beta, not leave my manuscript collecting dust in your hard drive. I promise to do the same.

Here's some information about The Stone Guardian.

Seventeen year old Ashley and her best friend Tara have grown as close as sisters. Still, a normal life is out of reach when you are an orphaned teen living in a center for psychologically afflicted youth. Is Ashley insane? That depends on who you ask. She suffers from night terrors that have haunted her dreams for years.

A late night fire alarm sends the students outside near the tree line. When Ashley spots a young girl who wandered into the woods, the friends venture on a two person rescue mission. When they find her, something goes terribly wrong.

Groggy and confused, Ashley awakes in a large estate off the coast of Belize. It is here that she learns she is anything but normal. Discovering she has a family legacy to fulfill, she must accept the responsibility of protecting a stone that long forgotten Maya gods had blessed. For Ashley, this could be a dream come true; a chance to make the family connections she never thought possible…but not all dreams end in bliss.

An ancient fallen king plans to use her stone to restore his place on the throne in ultimate reign. He has already stolen her precious legacy and now Ashley must do anything she can to get it back. With her new team of gifted comrades by her side, they battle for their freedom.

Among them is Arwan who is handsome and charming, so much so that he begins to break down the barrier that surrounds Ashley’s heart. That is until a sharp turn of fate throws their romance into uncertainty.

Facing underworld magic and possible heartbreak, Ashley explores the true meaning of love and friendship while embarking on an epic journey to fulfill her destiny as the stone guardian.

TY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.