PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things that count!

SinisterCola
02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Hope you lot are having a good weekend! Here's a nice little story for those who think their good deeds go unnoticed:

So I'm a bit of a regular at this sandwich place near my house. One night (this was weeks ago) I went down and got the usual. since I was in a hurry. When the cashier handed me my food and receipt, I noticed that he hadn't charged me for my chips and drink. Knowing I couldn't walk out of the place with the knowledge that I am stealing from them, I pointed the error out to the cashier. He was surprised that I even took the time to point it out. He thanked me and rang me up for the correct price. Just the fact that he thanked me was enough of a return for a good deed.

Fast forward to today. I go down to grab some lunch and as the cashier (different guy, I think he was the manager) is ringing me up, the other cashier from that night sees me and calls me out on my honesty to the others. I chuckle and say it's not really a big deal (it really wasn't). Before I leave, the manager stops me and gives me a free cookie (and it's one of those big cookies too!). I didn't see it coming and told them they didn't have to, but the manager insisted.

So to sum it up - don't think people don't notice your good character, even if it's something trivial. You may not always get free cookies out of it. but someone definitely notices!

Pardon me as I go enjoy my lunch (and dessert :D)

Lavern08
02-13-2012, 01:54 AM
...So to sum it up - don't think people don't notice your good character, even if it's something trivial.

You may not always get free cookies out of it, but someone definitely notices!

Word. ;)

backslashbaby
02-14-2012, 01:21 AM
That's great fun! You see that a lot down here (in the South). Be careful or they'll fatten you up :D

BeatrixKiddo
02-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Awe, that's nice. I predict much good karma for you in your future lives SC.

Pay it forward, and all that stuff. Can't hurt.

John R. Gambit
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Very admirable of you. Strange how such gestures aren't more conventional though, isn't it? You perform some basic human act of politeness or honesty and people treat you like you're a saint. I guess everyone is used to people being selfish.