Chronicle.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else see this movie? I just saw it last night with my girlfriend and I was quite impressed. Everyone's thoughts on it?

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten around to it, but I aim to see it this week. I've heard too many positive things about it to keep putting it off.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Ever since I caught the trailer for it, I've desperately wanted to see this, but I haven't had a chance yet. Hoping I'll get to it this upcoming weekend.

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very torn about seeing this since, at least based on the trailer, it is so close to an old trunked WIP that I wrote years ago that I want to cry.

Ginosion

Registered
Reaction score
I was really unmoved by the trailer. It didn't look bad, but it didn't look too good. I saw it opening day and, surprisingly, it knocked my socks off. It's so far my favorite movie this year. I know that doesn't say too much with the year being so young, I know. But it still gets my stamp of approval.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I really enjoyed it as well . Highlight for mild spoilers: I thought the superfight at the end was about the best I've ever seen. I also got vertigo when they were doing the flying scenes, which I guess says something. It did really well at the box office ($69 million worldwide so far, against a ~$12 million production budget), so a sequel is pretty much guaranteed.

Ginosion

Registered
Reaction score
It did really well at the box office ($69 million worldwide so far, against a ~$12 million production budget), so a sequel is pretty much guaranteed.

Yeah its very obvious they're going to do a sequel. I haven't seen a movie sequel-baited this bad since Last Airbender. One of the characters basically looks into camera and say "There's going to be a freaking sequel."

sickmuse

Don't blink. Don't even blink.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on it! Everyone keeps telling me how good it is.

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
See it! It was fantastic and so much fun. Teenage boys with superpowers as they would probably act. Blowing up girls' skirts and pulling silly pranks. I liked how you had three different kinds of teens. It wasn't just a nerds vs jocks. When shit got real at the end...whew! What a thrill.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Saw it with my girlfriend for Valentines (I know, she's awesome). It was incredible - I'm a sucker for well-made 'real footage' movies (REC, Battle for Los Angeles, etc) but this was the best yet! The entire thing, but especially the climax, just worked perfectly at making 'kids with superpowers' seem absolutely real.

SEE IT.

Clueless

Going on a mental vacation.
Registered
Reaction score
I was really surprised at the fact that it was found footage. Also, they don't keep it in one perspective, and change cameras from time to time. I loved the climax, even though I was hoping it wouldn't go down like that from the beginning. Kudos to the writer and the effects crew.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I hope there isn't a sequel but I think there will be one too. I loved the perspective because like others said, it seemed like what high school kids would do with powers. It didn't feel cheesy nor over dramatized.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah its very obvious they're going to do a sequel. I haven't seen a movie sequel-baited this bad since Last Airbender. One of the characters basically looks into camera and say "There's going to be a freaking sequel."

I didn't get that vibe at all. The ending felt very nice and final.

Also, as a note, I really loved the fact that the movie ACTUALLY HAD AN ENDING. Every other found footage movie I'd seen lacked closure, which bugged the crap out of me.

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
There are a couple mysteries that were not explained, so I think a sequal is imminent.