Anyone interested in a Roll To Dodge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
Roll To Dodge is an ultra-simple role-playing system, involving a single d6 (that is, a standard six sided die). I'm a decently experienced RTD GM, and I need to get my post count up to 50, so would anyone be interested in a game?

There's very little work that needs to be done on the part of the participants, and the GM does all the work during the game. You just write up a short bio for your character (if even that).

I think an RTD with players who are writers would be very interesting. If enough people are interested, I'll post a thread for it when I get home.

You can see a good example of an RTD here.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I'm a decently experienced RTD GM, and I need to get my post count up to 50, ...

Hi Shilcote,

The purpose of the 50-post rule here is not to force you to come up with a creative way to circumvent it. It is to make sure that you have a chance to get to know the community and its members a little, and for us all to get to know you, before you ask people to devote their time and energy to helping you.

A very good way to both up your post count and get to know the Share Your Work area and its regulars, as well as learning much about writing and giving some help to those you're hoping will help you, is to critique the work of others in SYW. There are plenty of pieces there.

If all you're interested in here is getting critique and you don't actually want to be a part of this community--which your post indicates, so forgive me if that's not the case--you should be prepared to find not many people willing to critique you.

Again, if I've misread your post I apologize, but do be aware that people look at post histories before deciding whether or not to critique, and comments like the above are a big turn-off. Critiques are favors, not something anyone is owed.

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
Geez, how unfriendly. All I wanted to do was play a game and get to know people. :(

Last edited:

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
we're an unfriendly bunch

*gives schilcote atomic wedgie
*hangs him from hook in locker room

Have a nice day!
:)

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Geez, how unfriendly. All I wanted to do was play a game and get to know people. :(

Welcome. :)

Stacia is not unfriendly at all, but she is a moderator. Look at what you posted:

I need to get my post count up to 50, so would anyone be interested in a game?

You are being called on your motivation for wanting to engage others in a game. As a moderator, Staica is just letting you know what the purpose of the "50 posts rule" is to move about the forums and get to know others before asking them to critique your work.

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to play a game for fun, getting my post count up was just a side-benifit. It's not neccecarry to raise a big stink about it. :p

So is anyone actually interested in having a game of Roll Ro Dodge?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...So is anyone actually interested in having a game of Roll Ro Dodge?
Your best bet would be to start a new thread here in the Writing Exercises room, where you'll have an easier time finding players for the game.

Normally I'd move this thread to the other room, but it seems to have gotten off to a rough start, so I'll close it instead.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.