Does anyone else find themselves dangerously addicted to this message board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna's like Noah, the message board is the ark, we're a menagerie of all the cool and literate and ivory tower and knowing and sardonic, and the rest of the Internet is like a Biblical flood of imbecility.

Unfortunately, unlike the original ark, I find after 40 days times 40 nights, I have no desire to sight dry land!

It's like some queer kind of Stockholm syndrome.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
We're animals? Okay, that's cool. Here's me. :)

lemurblue.jpg

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
addicted? What are you talking about? It helps me write, okay? I need something to keep me up all night and continue working, okay? I can stop any time I want.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Yeah, we're not addicts.

.....that's why, when the boards went down, we were all huddling together in the chat room for hours on end. ;)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Something to do between when I'm given a stupid task, and the person who asked me to do it realizes that it is silly, repetitive, and I already did it and the related paperwork is on their desk.
i/e: "Write a lettter to the bank and ask them if that check we wrote two months ago has cleared." They say as they hand me a packed of bank statements and cancelled checks. ( post post post)
"Here you are..HERE is a copy of that cancelled check you wanted."
"Boy, talk about efficient!"

When I have something that needs to be done, I stop posting...and I don't from home as that is premium writing time..( between the housework, homework and sleeping.)

Bye!!!!

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm an animal, here's me (a little taste of Mule Day, on which I was born, by the way)...

Pg-01.jpg

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a hopeless addict. I wish I could log onto the boards while I'm at work, but in a way, I'm glad I can't because I'd never get any work done.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
My biggest problem with these boards is after I go through all the New Posts, and I think I'm done, then I hit refresh and there's a bunch MORE new posts to go through.

Y'all need to stop being so damn prolific so I can get some work done.

And Pete, I have NO idea what that critter is in your post, but it scared the crap out of The Ten Ton Calico, who was sitting on my desk when I scrolled down.

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
If I don't get my daily AW fix, I get the shakes. Once before I go to work, once after I get back. It's gotten so bad that I check here before my email. And that when I do write I have to disconnect the net so I won't be as tempted. ...but it's usually in the back of my head like an orangutan on my shoulder whispering in my ear. A giant whispering beer-bellied orangutan. But I love it!!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if I didn't come here, I might actually have to go out and get a life!

And who in the sam hill wants that to happen?:wag: "Not I", said the duck.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
It is, for all interested parties, a lemur. A type of monkey. And it is not rending bloody red flesh, as I suspected, puzzled, when I first saw the picture. It is eating a bit of flower petal, which makes much more sense, since it is a vegetarian.

SusanR

Registered
Reaction score
My name is Susan R. and I'm addicted to AW.
("Welcome, Susan!")

I think somehow ya'll got incorporated into my writing routine. I spend about thirty minutes in the early morning reading the night owls' posts, get my kids out the door to school, then start my daily writing stint. I come back and check again when I'm done. Like now. It chills me out.

It's sort of like the door into my own writing and the way to ease back into the world when I re-emerge. I dunno what I'd do without you now. *hugs*

SusanR

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Hello. My name is Pete Tzinski. I....I'm an AW junkie.
("G'wan, get offa da stage, Pete Tzinski!")

I come on in the morning, I check the posts that have been replied to in my e-mail. I reply to a handful of them. Eventually, I just wander off and start working. If anything in particular from the forum has stuck in my mind, I'll go back and check it a few times throughout the day. Sometimes, I'll open the chat room and watch as no one is present, and then I'll go back to work.

It's unspeakably nice to have a community of like-minded (lunatic) individuals with whome I can share pictures of Lemurs. Unlike Susan, I am taking notice of the cans of pepper spray scattered about, so I shall refrain from hugging anyone.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Well, it's not entirely inaccurate at this point... :)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
PattiTheWicked said:
My biggest problem with these boards is after I go through all the New Posts, and I think I'm done, then I hit refresh and there's a bunch MORE new posts to go through.

Y'all need to stop being so damn prolific so I can get some work done.

And Pete, I have NO idea what that critter is in your post, but it scared the crap out of The Ten Ton Calico, who was sitting on my desk when I scrolled down.

yes, and when there are no new posts I feel the craving. Yep, that's addiction all right.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
"Psst!"

"Hey, man, ya wanna get some AW posts, huh? Grade A stuff, man! Come on! S'got smilies!"

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
And just cuz I'm up at 1am, doesn't mean I'm addicted!

Ditto that. :)

But I am still getting work done on my WIP.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I don't think any of us has a problem....... we're all civilized adults or young adults who take our jobs and writing seriously and we just pop in here several times a day in order to....(um, excuse me a minute please. someone is rudely interrupting me)

WHAT? What are you talking about? What do you mean it's time for bed? I don't want sex - I want to stay here all night.....

As I was saying, we're not addicted. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.