Any Luck With Blog Adaptations to eBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Up until now, all of my ebooks have been original material, but I just published one based directly on my blog, which has been around since 2004 and which has an established readership. It covers my life in Celebration, FL, which is right next door to Disney World, so I think that might be a draw. People can get the same thing in the early part of my blog, but the book consists of the best entries, and I did some editing to clean them up.

Has anyone else tried something similar? I'm not sure if I've already "used up" my entire target audience with the blog, but I figure it's worth a shot. I'd love to hear if anyone else has had a success (or failure) doing the same.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I can give a partial answer to myself already, and to anyone else considering this. The book started selling on Nook and Kindle almost as soon as it was released. I guess it's the power of having a solid audience for the blog, and apparently one that likes the convenience of reading excepts on a device vs. slogging through an endless document online. I'll update if the strong sales continue, but so far it's a pleasant surprise.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Good news! Personally, I'd rather read it as an e-book than slog through a bunch of blog posts.

Same here. I've bought a few books that were based off of old blog posts for some bloggers. I could scour the old entries and save them all to my harddrive, or I could throw money at the blogger who I feel had something valuable to say, and buy their ebooks!

I'd rather give you guys money.

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, since it has been suggested that I turn some of there posts in my Bad Nick blog into an e-book. I'm watching to see how your book goes. Please keep us updated

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Stacia Kane, who is a member and a moderator here, has successfully turned a series of blog posts into a self-published book, Be A Sex-Writing Strumpet. It's a very good book, and I'm happy to own a copy.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Sales are still selling steadily; surprisingly, many copies were indeed purchased by people who already read the blog, even though they're read those entries already. I've heard from many of them, and they want me to convert the later entries into book form so that's been added to my project list.

Nick, considering that you already have a huge fan base, you should definitely compile your blog entries into an ebook. Actually, I'd recommend to anyone with a successful blog. It's not as much work as writing original material, so it gives you a little break when you need to get away from another project. That way, you don't lose much if it doesn't sell, and if it does, all the better!

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Barb.

By the way, we spent about four weeks in Clermont this winter, and will be back there again next year. I've become hooked on your blog.

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
No, we stay at the Thousand Trails a little south of there.

rihannsu

Mrs. Bruce Wayne
Registered
Reaction score
Stacia Kane, who is a member and a moderator here, has successfully turned a series of blog posts into a self-published book, Be A Sex-Writing Strumpet. It's a very good book, and I'm happy to own a copy.

That book is freakin' FANTASTIC!!!! I've got to do to Amazon and write a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.