Do you get a Xmas bonus at your work?

Do you get a bonus?

• Yes I do!

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No I don't! :(

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I don't have a job

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I work for myself/I'm the boss so no, I don't get a bonus.

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I just got to work, and my phat bonus was waiting for me. And it's 25% larger than it was last year.

It's a $25 gift card to Fry's, which is a grocery store. Oh well. I guess it's better than nothing. My sister-in-law's bonus is 10% of her annual salary, which means her bonus is around $3,700.

Do you get one?

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I didn't but the :( isn't appropriaten in my case. My company pays a very nice bonus twice a year. 50% of target in Feb and the balance which is usually enhanced by all kinds of factors (company performance, employee performance) and takes one to well over 100% of target. It's kinda nice working for one of the survivors of the high tech crash. We did have a year with no bonus. Most of us (like moi) were just glad to have a job.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
It's not huge, but it's still nice considering I just started at this job. Not sure, but the rumor is that it's a $50 gift certificate to Honeybaked Ham. But I don't eat ham :(

hubby always gets a fat bonus as well as gift certificates to places like Outback and Red Lobster.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I did last year, but there's no guarantee of it this year. But I still optomistically said yes.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My bonus is wraping the gifts until 2am Christmas morning and getting up to make breakfast then getting to eat it before reading the foolish directions to all the "no assembly required" stuff that gets played with on Christmas day only.

My kids are so spoiled.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
We got a $50 bonus last year, so I expect we'll get something similar this year. And we have a little office party next week.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
When I worked for the newspaper full time, I got a certificate for a "ham" (and it had to be under $15)

My husband got a $200 gift certificate from his work at Thanksgiving to Albertson's (groceries) and I loved it. We have a large family (6 people) so I bought groceries for two weeks.
smile.gif
Every Christmas they give us a large turkey and a Christmas tree. (but we have to go cut it ourselves from up in the mountains and since we have no truck, we never get it.)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
But it is a $50.00 can of Baklava. I mean it is the thought that counts and I can reuse the can...but sheesh.. I know people who get a bonus = to one week's pay.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Boss whistles as he comes into work. He flips on the lights, starts the coffee, and pops the door to the dungeon.

BOSS: Pete! You down there? You awake? You work in an hour?

PETE: I'm up, boss....Do we get to eat today?

BOSS: Now, Pete, you know there's no feeding until Tuesdays.

PETE: Yeah...

BOSS: By the way, Christmas bonus! Here! One pescos!

PETE: BLISS!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
My husband just got a bonus check, and it was the first time his company ever gave more than a Target gift card. It's actually big enough that we can get new tile for our kitchen floor.

WooohooO!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
They usually give out a holiday (10#) turkey, that usually ends up setting in the freezer until next Thanksgiving. They changed up this year, and gave everyone a $20 gift certificate to a local grocer. Unfortunately for me, I never shop at that store...hmmm...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I just quit my job in August for school, so no bonus this year. But my X-mas bonus was always quite good, anywhere from $1000-6000, depending on the projects I worked on. I guess it was more like a profit sharing thing, but they always called it the X-mas bonus and the one we got in July was the profit sharing bonus. They also gave everyone $50 worth of gift cards, we would choose from a list of stores/online stores like Gap, Amazon, Wegmans, BN, H & M... Pretty nice.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get $100 tomorrow. But they are slipping in an extra $2,700 for hurricane Wilma duty. I performed above and beyond. Even for me!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
astonwest said:
They changed up this year, and gave everyone a $20 gift certificate to a local grocer. Unfortunately for me, I never shop at that store...hmmm...
Maybe a local food bank or similar agency would like that certificate.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
When I worked, it depended on how long you'd been there as to whether or not you got the bonus. Under 6 mos? Nope. Everyone else? $100.00 gift certificate to the mall about a block away, which you could (usually) cash out at the bank across the street.

When I worked for the attorney in NC, I got 1 weeks' pay (about $300) and a silver jewelry box. That's the biggest one I've ever had.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Sort of... I'm like Brady, working for the county government. Because we're run with public funds we cannot recieve monetary bonuses...this year we all got fleece jackets with our logo on them. They're pretty nice and better than a kick in the @ss, I guess.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
My bonus is wraping the gifts until 2am Christmas morning and getting up to make breakfast then getting to eat it before reading the foolish directions to all the "no assembly required" stuff that gets played with on Christmas day only.

My kids are so spoiled.

Yep, this is me, too (plus cooking lunch and tea, and entertaining family and friends)! One year, my hubby and I were up until after 3am Christmas morning assembling two bikes with trainer wheels and a porta-cot (no wheels - LOL!), and then hiding them and the rest of the kids' pressies (too big to wrap properly) under a few sheets. The kids were up REALLY early, too, (the youngest was 3 months old...) so you can imagine the bleary eyes trying to focus the video camera on all of the festivities.

I'm glad the kids are getting older now, though my youngest, now 10, still believes in Santa (and we had to tell the older two over the last two years - and they're 14 and almost 13!). Let's just say I'm a "practiced storyteller". :cool:

Last edited:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
I know people who get a bonus = to one week's pay.
That's what hubby usually gets, plus the outback and red lobster gift certificates. The company also stocks the guys up this time of year. They get new Carhart jackets and all kinds of other stuff including a bag stuffed full of company sweatshirts and long sleeved T-shirts. We have more of those sweatshirts & T-shirts laying around here than he could ever use. It's nice that the company thinks of the guys like that, though. When hubby first started there a few years ago, I swiped some of his T-shirts. He asked his boss for a few more and he said, "Lemme guess. Your wife stole them to sleep in" Apparently it was not an original idea. ~laughing~

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
PattiTheWicked said:
My husband just got a bonus check, and it was the first time his company ever gave more than a Target gift card. It's actually big enough that we can get new tile for our kitchen floor.

WooohooO!
Ohhh...I envy you! Are you going to do the tilework yourself? i did that for my ex-landlady several years. It's a really fun project, and talk about a workout for your upper arms and upper back! Plus, you get the bonus of honest to goodness of broken in jeans with the knees ripped out. When we moved out of the house in Knoxville we still had several pallets of gorgeous Mexican tiles in the driveway.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sinfully overpaid as it is. Brady, we need to talk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.