!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnow

Looking for women over 50 to interview!

I'm an author (8 published books) working on my next book: women and sexuality over 50! It's going to be a book that will, of course, talk about sex after 50, but also everything ranging from what we learned as young women and what we've taught our daughters (and sons!) to whatever happened to the women's movement and everything in between. So...I'm looking for women over 50 throughout the USA who would agree to be interviewed (singly and in groups) about these topics. Anyone have any suggestions about where I can find women who would be willing to do this?

Last edited:

SusanR

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.

Two approaches come to mind.

I'm assuming you aren't looking for any kind of statistically valid sample. I'm also assuming you want to get some variety in the women you interview. So here's what I'd do. I'd make three lists: cities, suburbs, and rural areas across the US. Then I'd start digging in those specified areas and try get a focus group of women to interview.

In cities, I'd run an ad in the alternative press, and contact "Y"s and service clubs, large religious congregations and women's groups.

For the suburbs, most libraries publish a directory of regional clubs, and I'd start contacting them (garden club, service clubs, etc) as well as the Y and churches and such. Also universities.

Rural areas I'd look for the 4H club, the Grange, and the nearest church and library and begin there.

You could also put up a website and request subjects there.

Finally, you could contact national or large regional women's organizations and ask for help. I'm sure an internet search would turn up a list.

On a smaller scale, you could just network like crazy. Friends of friends of friends, you know?

Good luck, it sounds like an interesting project.

SusanR

Jarnow

Great response!

Thanks, Susan...these are wonderful ideas. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.