PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Interactive Fiction Writers [$2.5 per 100 words - negotiable]

vnovel
02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Please note that payment rate set and the type of payment are negotiable (within reason).

We are an interactive fiction publisher, who have entered a rapid release cycle, and we are looking for writers who have experience in writing for (cinematic) video games, or other interactive media, and have a solid fiction portfolio to present. Based on your own creative ideas, you will be writing a novella under the supervision of our Creative Director. This is a prefect opportunity for a not-quite-yet established author to exercise their skill and gain some well deserved recognition, as well as move a significant step closer to writing fiction professionally full-time. Feel free to drop us a friendly message if you are interested, along with your portfolio: contactvnovel AT gmail.com

Gale Haut
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I have samples of interactive fiction scripting but not published work. Would you be interested in a portfolio with unpublished samples in it?

vnovel
02-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Would you be interested in a portfolio with unpublished samples in it?

Yes, portfolio as in finished examples of your creative work - not necessarily published.

Sai
02-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Job postings in the paying market sub-forum must have a pay rate mentioned somewhere, either in the title of the thread or the post itself. Could you please tell us how much writers could expect to be paid? Thank-you.

vnovel
02-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Could you please tell us how much writers could expect to be paid? Thank-you.

Payment type and amount is negotiable. You retain ownership over your written work. Please contact us for further details.

regdog
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
MOD NOTE

Again, please be more specific. Is the negotiable pay rate base don word count, number of sales, previous experience, etc?

vnovel
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Is the negotiable pay rate base don word count, number of sales, previous experience, etc?

The negotiable pay rate is based on a fair agreement with the writer, not on word count - and there is no preset rate.

We are looking for dedicated creative writers, and we are NOT offering short term cash-in work. Please only apply if you have serious, long-term creative goals and ambitions.

Unimportant
02-07-2012, 10:19 PM
vnovel, if you have a look at the READ THIS POST BEFORE STARTING A THREAD section in this subforum, you'll see that it's required you provide concrete information about your pay rates.

Ria13
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I just sent you an e-mail. I hope that my lack of experience and portfolio won't count against me.

vnovel
02-08-2012, 02:42 AM
I just sent you an e-mail. I hope that my lack of experience and portfolio won't count against me.

I've received you email, Ria, and have just responded. ~ B

regdog
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
MOD NOTE

vnovel, the rules of this forum are here for a reason. "We'll talk later with the writer" is not acceptable. There must be a pay rate given or the thread will be lock and unapproved. the other option will be to move this thread to Nonpaying Markets with a note that there will be discussions about pay.

gambit924
02-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Maybe it would be best Vnovel if you just posted a pay rate that would be a starting point, and say it is not official. That way, at least it is stated.

gambit924
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
I would definitely be interested in working on something like this, so I'll send you an email with some samples, but I hope there will be some good specifics in the return email. I want to know what this is all about.

enigmaticide
02-09-2012, 04:54 AM
I'm interested as well.

regdog
02-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Thank you for adding the pay rate

Manuel Royal
02-14-2012, 05:02 PM
$2.5 per 100 words - negotiable$2.5? Does that mean $2.50? (Per 100 words; i.e., two and a half cents per word.)

vnovel
02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
$2.5? Does that mean $2.50? (Per 100 words; i.e., two and a half cents per word.)

Yes, that's correct.

enigmaticide
05-22-2014, 12:22 PM
"type of payment are negotiable (within reason)."

From personal experience, it should be mentioned that their method of negotiating payrate leans heavily toward disregarding your opening proposal by simply never communicating with you again. You have been warned.

Bartholomew
05-22-2014, 09:24 PM
This is two years old. Unless they're still looking for writers, can we bury it again? I almost e-mailed them about this listing. =/

regdog
05-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Since it was posted it, it returned to the top. It will fall off soon enough